cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full and delta loads in ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I load both the delta and full loads to an ODS. My scenario is like this.

I have data for previous years which wnot change and data for the current year which changes. I loaded full load for previous years and tried to load initialized delta only for the current year. But when I tried that option I am getting an error which reads

Full updates already available in ODS ZODS2 ; Cannot update init./delta and activation is failing.

Is this option possible ??

( I am using BW3.5 and the data souce is 0CO_OM_WBS_7 - WBS Elements: Commitment Line Item )

thanks

Datta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

You are having full load for thr previous year data and for the current year you are trying with delta load to ODS.

I would suggest you to go for Pseudo Delta load which is a full load. What it actually means is that accoring to the scenario you are facing, Last year data is already loaded as a full load so in order to load the current year data you need to go to the data selection tab and give the selections for current year data which willonly bring the current year data preventing from again loading the last year data.

There is a variable for this which automatically gives the selection for data.

So this way you can load data to your ODS preventing you from loading duplicate records.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I would suggest to split into to DSOs, one for full and one for delta, and bring it togehter via a multi provider.

This is a clear design and you need no tricks and workarounds.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

You are having full load for thr previous year data and for the current year you are trying with delta load to ODS.

I would suggest you to go for Pseudo Delta load which is a full load. What it actually means is that accoring to the scenario you are facing, Last year data is already loaded as a full load so in order to load the current year data you need to go to the data selection tab and give the selections for current year data which willonly bring the current year data preventing from again loading the last year data.

There is a variable for this which automatically gives the selection for data.

So this way you can load data to your ODS preventing you from loading duplicate records.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do delta load to ODS only if repair full load exists in ODS. If there is a full request present in ODS, then you cannot do delta. In your case, since you already did full load for last year, all you need to do is convert that full request in Repair Full Request. and after that you can do init-delta for current year.

To convert full load request into Repair Full Request, please use function module RSSM_SET_REPAIR_FULL_REQUESTS.

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As the previous data is already available , so do init without data trasfer and then do your delat uploads,

Regards,

shikha