cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPN SP12: Remote Delta Linking does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two portals, both running NW70 SP12. The Producer portal is a BI portal, the consumer is a plain EP. SSO has been implemented, and the consumer has been registered on the producer. Remote Role Assignment works, and content from remote roles is visible on the consumer. The producer portal object is called BI_Portal, and the consumer portal object is called EP_Portal.

While RRA is working, Remote Delta Linking is not.

I can browse the producer PCD from the consumer and copy the selected iView to the consumer PCD. I can then take the copied iView and place it in a role. Once I grant the consumer role to a user, the item then shows up in the navigation structure. However, when clicking on the iView, I get the following error in the Producer log file:

com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Unexpected error - Unable to get IView: fpn:EP_Portal/pcd:portal_content/ca.company.fld_comp/ca.company.fld_projects/ca.company.fld_fed_con/ca.company.rl_loc_fed_con/fld_my_work/fld_loc_fed_con/ca.company.iv_sd_org:Uql7CRb%2FAHAgS69lwbBcoA%3D%3D:1:

Now, this error appears on the producer portal - why is the path fpn:EP_Portal in there? I think what's happening is that the wrong fpn object is being placed in the iView object, so when the request hits the producer portal, the portal runtime can't find the object since the object fpn:EP_Portal doesn't exist.Or, perhaps I don't understand what the fpn: locator is supposed to mean.

If you use the PCD Inspector, the iView attribute FpnLocator is what contains the fpn:EP_Portal/ string. I've tried modifying it to point at the local portal, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone else at this service pack level get RDL working?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

The remote delta link works by the consumer calling the producer... then the producer calls the consumer back (I think to get any iview properties) before the producer serves up the iview.

the name EP_Portal will be the technical name of your producer as specified in the FPN configuration.

It uses the P4 properties you set in the FPN configuration for the producer to connect to the consumer (although I've found it works without P4 filled in).

So make sure that the P4 settings are correct.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a bit confused:

EP_Portal is the name I entered for the consumer portal when I registered with the producer. So, when I go the producer portal, EP_Portal is listed as one of the consumers. Therefore, EP_Portal is the name of the consumer, as seen on the producer.

And, where do I specify the P4 port? There is not property for the consumer PCD entry - the only port number I can specify is the external network port, which is in this case 52000 (for the BI Portal).

The only other port number I can set is in the URL of the Consumer. The web dispatcher is running on the consumer, so the url does not specify a port number.

Are you saying that this URL should point at the P4 port on the consumer?

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes to the last statement.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bingo! Thanks Paul.

The online documentation must be for functionality included in later versions (we're at SP12) - there is no P4 Communication section, as per the docs, and I think this is where my confusion was coming from.

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah yes. I remember it wasn't at SPS10 and is at 13.

Is it working now?

Just a gotcha - the technical name of the federated portal needs to be the same in all of the systems n(dev, qa, prd) else you can have issues when you transport the content to qa.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's working. And I did realize that the technical name must be generic - that's why the names are BI_Portal and EP_Portal.

Thanks once again Paul.

Answers (0)