cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPN Remote Delta Link - Bex Web - Iview Preview Error

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

We created a remote delta link in the Consumer Portal for Bex Web Iview from the Producer portal. The preview of the iview in the consumer portal fails with the following error:

Unexpected error - Unable to get IView: fpn:<Consumer Alias> /pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/platform_add_ons/com.sap.ip.bi/iViews/com.sap.ip.bi.bex:eV%2BqDnR62S5rnG4nJ%2F7uhw%3D%3D:1

In the default trace of the Producer we see the following:

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.portal.fpn.exception.base.FPNFatalErrorException

at com.sap.portal.fpn.runtime.FpnRuntimeService.doFpnLookup(FpnRuntimeService.java:171)

at com.sap.portal.fpnprovider.fpn.GenericContext.lookup(GenericContext.java:48)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.DeploymentManager.getPropertyContentProvider(DeploymentManager.java:1919)

... 40 more

Caused by: com.sap.portal.fpn.exception.base.unchecked.FpnCommunicationException: Cannot retrieve delta link remote state for remote path 'pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/platform_add_ons/com.sap.ip.bi/iViews/com.sap.ip.bi.bex' with user Id '<BIUSER>'

at com.sap.portal.fpn.remote.AccessServiceImpl.retrieveDLRemoteState(AccessServiceImpl.java:158)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:331)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4DynamicSkeleton.dispatch(P4DynamicSkeleton.java:159)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

... 6 more

Caused by: com.sap.portal.fpn.exception.base.unchecked.FpnAuthenticationException: Could not find user from the user id '<BIUSER>'

at com.sap.portal.fpn.protocol.marshal.ContentMarshallerService.marshalDLChain(ContentMarshallerService.java:294)

at com.sap.portal.fpn.remote.AccessServiceImpl.retrieveDLRemoteState(AccessServiceImpl.java:156)

... 14 more

Caused by: com.sap.security.api.NoSuchUserException: USER_AUTH_FAILED: User account for logonid "<BIUSER>" not found!

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserFactory.getUserByLogonID(UserFactory.java:1317)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserFactory.getUserByLogonID(UserFactory.java:1339)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserFactory.getUserByLogonID(UserFactory.java:1354)

at com.sap.portal.fpn.protocol.marshal.ContentMarshallerService.marshalDLChain(ContentMarshallerService.java:292)

... 15 more

Producer Portal - User data source is BI ABAP Backend

Consumer POrtal - User data source is LDAP

I have tested SSO both ways and it works:

Logged in to Consumer -> switched URL to producer --> switched back to consumer

Still looking at the default trace it looks like some how the end user is not recognized during the switch.

Any help/direction is much appreciated.

Thanks

Shabna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabna,

What are the versions of your portals? Please make sure that user <BIUSER> exists in both portals and have enough privileges to access contents. Check if you use FQDN in your FPN settings. The following thread might help

Hope it helps.

Dao

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Dao,

Thanks for taking the time.

Versions:

Producer BI portal - NW 7.0 EHP1 SP6 (BI_JAVA SP8 Hotfix 12)

Consumer Portal - NW 7.0 EHP1 SP7 (BI_JAVA SP8 Hotfix 12)

BIUSER exists on both:

Producer - BIUSER is an ABAP user in the BI Backend

Consumer - BIUSER is the SAMAccount Name of AD account BISUER@<company.com>

SSO works both ways.

I checked the thread you mentioned. Though the error in the default trace is the same, I am using FQDNs everywhere and the correct P4 ports. I am able to telnet using the P4 ports between the two portals. The FP connection tests also work.

Thanks

Shabna

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabna,

Does this occur to all of your RDL iViews? Btw, did you try to actually run the iView - not using the preview? If I'm not mistaken, I think for certain versions of the producer, the preview of the iView is not possible (you'd have to assign the page to a temporary role to preview the page as a work around).

Regards,

Dao

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Dao,

I tried with anothe iview and still the same error. These are standard Iviews I am copying as local content. Like you suggested, I put it in a temporary role with the same result.

Thanks

Shabna

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you test what happens if you login with BIUser to the consumer and change the URL to producer afterwards?

Anja

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Anja,

I have tested SSO both ways and it works:

Logged in to Consumer as BIUSER-> switched URL to producer --> switched back to consumer

Thanks

Shabna

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabna,

Can you run the iView directly on the producer with that <BIUSER>? Can you try to run the RDL iView on the consumer with another user (e.g. admin)? Since the error pointed to the user id, we just want to make sure that the RDL works.

Regards,

Dao

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Dao,

I am able to run as the BIUSER in the producer. We tried with a couple of other ids with authorization on the consumer portal with the same result.

Thanks

Shabna

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to run ume consistency check at the producer?

Anja

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Anja,

The consistency check is fine, shows no errors.

Thanks

Shabna