cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPN configuration after Producer System Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have configured FPN based on EP7 as consumer and BI7.0 as producer in our test environment. Both of them are at same SPS13 level. Last week, after we refreshed our BI system only from production data, the FPN connectivity seems to have been lost.

From my consumer, it shows that I am registered on the producer. But when i directly log into BI portal, I don't see my EP system as registered consumer. I can no longer see any of the remote content from consumer.

I tried to unregister my consumer, but the system will not allow and gives error message ""Could not unregister your portal. Possible reasons: producer server is down, network problems, or incorrect registration parameters"

But my producer is up and strange thing is I can create a new connection to producer, register with same parameters but different ID. Using this connection, I can search and assign remote content from Producer.

Secondly - I order to delete my existing producer, do I first have to unregister it? Since it would not allow me to unregister, I tried deleting, but the process keeps looping at 50% and does nothing.

Any help on this issue will be highly appreciated. Thank!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad ,

geeting error "Could not unregister your portal. Possible reasons: producer server is down, network problems, or incorrect registration parameters" is only one reason that is Trust is not done properly or its lost between two portal, so do one thing delete the trust certificate from producer portal and again import and export,and map the turst trustsysll1 in producer portal.

try out this one if get solutions please revert me some points.

thanks

Chittya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Holger. I suppose you are referring to cleaning up all the producer info in Consumer PCD. Is it safe to do this, or more importantly, should something like this always be performed whenever you refresh a producer portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

deleting this via the PCD inspector is certainly not the way it should be. But it is probably the easiest way.

What do you mean by refresh the portal? Depending on what you are doing when you refresh the portal I would recommend to unregister the portal first before doing the refresh.

If you do not want to use the pcd inspector, then you could try to create and new connection and run a http trace to see what is going on. Then try to unregister again and check what URLs are called. Maybe this is only a missing (?) proxy configuration?

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Using PCD, I was able to delete producer information. I had to delete at two places.

- pcd/NetWeaver_content_consumers

- pcd/com.sap.portal.system/aliases

As suggested, I guess the best option is to unregister consumer before doing any refresh on the producer.

P.S. By refresh, I meant system copy of my production data to test system including Java export/import.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

do you know the PCD Inspector tool? You should be able to find the consumer on pcd:NetWeaver_content_consumers/

and should be able to delete the consumer from there.

Regards,

Holger.