cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOX formula performance problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a FOX formula in BPS that executes a distribution between cost centers, according to some premises entered by users. We use a multiarea with 2 transactional cubes and always execute this function in background.

We are trying to execute this formula in productive system but sometimes this works well and sometimes it doesn´t work (it seems that the function get stuck in a sequential read of the cubes). In the development system, this woks very well.

The package and the function are equal in the two systems.

Sometimes, we are having problems to acess a cube in LISTCUBE transaction. It takes a long time to execute in productive system (with the same selection in the development system). These two problems can be related ???

Thanks,

Alessandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go through the following links:

Advanced - Marc Bernard's know how knowledge call on 12 tips and tricks of FOX formula which was originally a presentation at ASUG Fall Forum in Dallas in 2004 I think.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9af68206-0801-0010-029c-c586c707...

With regards,

Anand Kumar

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandra,

you need to perform a proper root cause analysis (I'm listing the most like path):

1) Check the BW Statistics (RSDDSTAT_OLAP). Is the time spend on data selection (events 9000/9001) or other?

2) If it's data selection, check the details (RSDDSTAT_DM). Which InfoCube and PartProvider is the problem?

3) If it's the F-table of your real-time InfoCube, check the database... DB patches, indexes, stats.

a) Is your system running on Oracle? Check the database patches (CBO).

b) Check that DB indexes exist (and are not dropped by some data load)

c) Check that DB stats are updated regularly.

Oracle optimizer is known to have problems with f-table selections, if the f-table contains little data, which can by typical for real-time InfoCubes which are rolled up and compressed frequently. If this is the case, record a SQL-trace and open a message with SAP support on component BW-SYS-DB-ORA.

Regards,

Marc

SAP Techology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Do you use some FOREACH statements ?

How much the volume of read/genearted data ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Yes, I use FOREACH in 2 areas.

Volume of read data : 1.000 (thousand)

Volume of generated data: 800 (eight hundred)

It´s not a big volume...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

This is indded a small volume of data.

It seems like you have some basis problem.

I would suggest you to do trace with basis team help.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please compress the cubes with 0 elimination option. also create indexes and stastical table to improve the read performances of cubes.

Thanks,

SAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is done regularly and we have tried this solution.

Thanks.