cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formal Error in Formula XXXXX; FST affregates, and so on must be initial

Former Member
0 Kudos

We upgraded from BW 3.5 to BI 2004s. When running a workbook using (new) Bex Analyzer, I am getting error. The error is generated on BEx Analyzer.

BW Server Error.

An Error occured in the communication with the BW Server.

Due to this, the Connection Has to be Closed.

Detailed Description:

Formal Error in Formula ZEXTPRC_4; FST aggreagates, and so on must be initial.

Program error classs SAPMSSY1 method: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION.

We have applied all the patches upto 10.

Any suggestion? I tried to change the qurey with new query designer. It keeps giving same error in query designer too.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied note Note 914305 - SAPBINews NW2004s BI Support Package 11 )on back- end) and SAP BI Add on front-end-patch (FEP)(version 11) on desktop and this problem was fixed. Thanks to all posters. I have assigned both of them points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Is the formula ZEXTPRC_4 in your InfoProvider? Check that first. It seems you need to update this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a CKF (calculated Key Field) in the Bex report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suhas,

Check the definition of the CKF. Maybe something changed during upgrading.

Open your formula, click 'check' button. Make sure the formula is OK and try to save it again.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened the query and edited the CKF. But where is check button to check the formula. In 2004s this button has gone missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

It's strange because the check button is available in my 2004s..

I suggest you first delete the CKF( or change the formula to a simple one, e.g. '1') and save your query.

After this please check if your query is OK. If so, then the problem is the CKF.

At last, recreate your CKF. Maybe you can use another formula which has the same function.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suhas,

Just now i faced the problem as like you..

i have created new calculated key figure with same functions in new query designer...and its working now... later u delete the old calculated keyfigures in RSZDELETE....

And you can see the check button in the query designer under lower right corner tabs "Tasks"..

thank you....

assign points if it helps....

ravi.p