cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fomatting of the description of item in sap script

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am working on sapscript in which the description of the item is not displaying properly for instance if there is a word flange it displays fla in the 1st row and nge in 2nd row due to the amount of space in the column.

i want to display the data complete in the same row or in the next row.

plzzz provide me guidelines for solving this problem as i had tried a lot but not sucessful.

Edited by: ricx .s on May 5, 2009 10:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the width of the tab position and reduce the font size of the paragraph format of that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had just checked the tab position and there is no data oresent for it and the font size is 10.00 pt and family is COURIER.

What data should i fill in over there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its bcaz of length problem. May be the description is not fitting in the window width. so it's coming in next line.

try increase the width of the window and check.

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes u r right,I had already tried but i was ok for a single number but when i chnage the number again description change and again the same problem. is dere any solution or keyword that script automatically picks up the length text and allows only complete word to be displayed in the column of the sapscript.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U define a Paragraph format with tabs (give the length of the description as one tab length), and assign this Paragraph format to Description.

i.e., if the length of description is 35, the window where u r printing the Description should be able to hold 35 char's for description alone & in case if u r printing anyother apart from description u should accomdate for those also.

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am currently using the that variable with like this:-

&i_final-text_c+24(16)& if i make some changes in it ,it changes the formatting of it,if i try to make amendments according to the a purticular inspection lot then it is ok ,but when try to check data of other inspection lot it again changes and the text again gets disformatted.

is dere any permanent solution for it?

Edited by: ricx .s on May 6, 2009 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to pass the offset description value to another variable and print that value in script..

Eg:

data : gv_text(16).

gv_text = i_final-text_c+24(16).

now print gv_text in script (&gv_text&).. with 16 characters should fit in that box or window

Hope it works!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try changing the tab position's for that field to fit in the column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Actually i tried what u have said and but the thing if i perform formatting for a 1 form it will be ok but that will going to be changed every time when i perform different inspection lots for it. i am trying to do that there should be some logic or command which auomatically picks up the spacing automatically so that whole word can be displayed on the screen.

plzzz provide me guidelines for solving this problem.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this fm RKD_WORD_WRAP use this fm to split ur lines and then print them

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for ur reply but i cant change the coding of the program ,all i can do is i have to make changes in the script itself. is dere any way i can make change in the script only not in the program.

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with below syntax

&symbol(C)& ---> same as ABAP command CONDENSE

P1 &ITAB-TEXT(C)&

Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I had tried the logic which u had said it is not working ,as i am doing it in the script editor.is dere any requiernent of changes to be made in the SPRO?

plzz provide me guidlines for it .

Edited by: ricx .s on May 5, 2009 1:28 PM