cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Assignment to Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have iviews in folders(ABC and XYZ) which are placed in Content Admin-->Portal content . I want Assign this folder to Roles with out using work set. Is it possible???Please let me know the procedure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya. That is right. iViews can only be added not folders.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other solution for above problem.I want to show iviews in folder wise to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to show folderwise in DTN to the user, then you can create folders from role page. E.g., Create role and workset. Add workset to role. Now open the role page. Right click workset listed under role -> Create New Folder. Give name as ABC. Similarly create another folder XYZ. Add the iViews from ABC portal content folder to role first. Then right click the iViews listed under role one by one and click cut. Now right click XYZ listed under workset and choose Paste. This way you can cut all the iViews and paste them in folders under workset. Now if entry point of role is true, then role is 1st level, workset in 2nd and folders will list in DTN. If you expand folder, you can find the iViews.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harini,

Thanks for quick response. Any way i have iviews in folders .what I want to do is will create workset with same name as folder and assign iviews to workset .This worksets will be assigned to role. Then this workset will appear as foldet DNT. If I am wrong please correct me.points will be given to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you add iViews to workset, then 2 worksets appear as tabs in 2nd level TLN with iViews listed in DTN. If you want to show folder structure in DTN, then create another workset or folder under the first workset and assign the iViews to this workset. Then I think you may get the structure you want. Try and let me know.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harini,

I have created workset with same name as folder and assigned it to role.Disabled second lavel navigation. So workset appearing as folders in DTN and in that I am able to select iviews.

Edited by: Nancy Lam on Feb 6, 2008 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But make sure it doesn't affect other roles. All the other roles will also have only 1st level TLN then. If that doesn't affect the design of navigation, then that will be fine. Please close the thread if your problem is solved.

Regards,

harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

Folders cant be assiged to a Role, Only Permissions can be set to Folders.

Iviews, pages and Worksets can be assigned to roles.

Regards,

Shailesh Nagar