cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to change data in a BW cube from BSP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to update data in an infocube in BW from my BSP. Can anyone tell me

(1) Is this possible?

(2) Is there some sort of SAP Function Module a la RSDMD_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES_TEXTS that I must use rather than write directly to the tables?

(3) Where I might find some examples or further reading to educate myself?

Many thanks if you can point me in the right direction.

Nat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Is this possible?

yes it is possible. (to update backend - but to change something in a infocube is something different - BW forum would be the right place for this)

(2) Is there some sort of SAP Function Module a la RSDMD_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES_TEXTS that I must use rather than write directly to the tables?

BW forum will give you a better answer for this.

(3) Where I might find some examples or further reading to educate myself?

Did you check the HOW to guides list here at SDN for BW.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/bi.sdn?page=BW_How_To.htm

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja, you are right of course. I am so used to posting in the BSP forum that it did not occur to me that this should be in BW!

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome Nat.

I am searching to see if there is any FM available to update infocube, if i find something i will post it here.

Regards

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja. Much appreciate it! I only need to change the contents of one characteristic. I'm thinking it might need to be done with an update command from the BSP, but I don't know if this is ok to do of if I risk corrupting the SIDs or some other negative consequence.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There must be a FM or class/method which does this job, which would take care of dependant objects as well.

I am searching/talking to my friends , if i find something i will post the same.

If you find the solution do share it with us.

Regards

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i><b>The manual way</b></i>

1.Go to Transaction RSD1

2.enter the infoobject name

3.click display

4.In the resulting screen click MAINTAIN (Maintain master data F6)

5. this will take you to screen like SE16 - enter restrictions if required and click execute again

6. choose the record and hit change button.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja. Unfortunately I need to change Transaction data, not Master data, and I need a way to do this from ABAP (within a BSP actually).

Even though the data may reside across multiple tables, it seems there must be a way to make the change, especially since we need to modify the value in only one field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you found a solution for your problem Nat? I also need to update BW cube date from ABAP and haven't found a way to do so yet.

Thanks

Peter