cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flicker free screen / IFrames issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We're using WAS 6.40 and NWDS 2.08 to build web dynpro applications. We want to use iFrames in order to show some BW reports, and this works nicely except for one detail (important one though). The iFrames reload on every single action made in the application, and we're looking for a solution for this. Apparantly, since SAP made the decision to go for Server Side Rendering, this seems to be an effect, because when we used the sneak preview (2.0.2 or something similar) all worked fine!

Does anyone know of a solution to this matter. As we present the WD apps in our EP 6.0 I guess we could construct pages with one WD iView and one Portal iView (showing the report/web page) but this wouldn't look as integrated and nice.

B.R

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To both of you, Valery and Pran, Thx for your fast responses!

B.R

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bad news Andreas -- it is a known issue with no resolution up to date (or up to the most resent SP10)

Search these forum and you'll see that this question arise for several times.

Also problem is described here /people/jochen.guertler/blog/2004/11/12/web-dynpro-best-practices-how-to-combine-your-web-dynpro-application-with-existing-non-web-dynpro-content

The only workaround is to place report outside WD Component and use 2 portal iViews to display WD content & BW report separately.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting I was reading the same weblog. Just adding to what Valery wrote if you configure both the iViews as Web Dynpro apps the second one sourcing the BW report through an IFrame , then you could control the second iView from the first one through Portal eventing. Maybe you would like to source different urls or pass some query parameters depending on what you clicked .

(Just a wild guess , sorry for misleading if I am wrong)

Regards

Pran