cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat File Hierarchy Datasources

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are creating several flat file hierarchy datasources. The datasources will be maintained in an external database.

I am familiar with the creation of flat file datasources for master and transactional data, but don't have good documentation for how the external flat file hierarchy is to be formatted.

We have reviewed the 2004 Netweaver Document "How to Download Hierarchies in BW" and have used the program referenced there, Z_SAP_HIERARCHY_DOWNLOAD, to download our hierarchies to then test the upload.

However, this has not worked.

Does anyone have the record layout that the flat file must be in to upload a simple 2-level hierarchy (for example groupings of 0vendor)?

Thanks, Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

could you please provide me with the code for Z_SAP_HIERARCHY_DOWNLOAD and also the link to your 2004 document.

also, do you still need help with your file format.

We have the load side mastered but not the BW extract.

Thanks, Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

I can provide you this link for the load of hierarchy in flat file. I will look for an example but in the documentation is exapliane din a simple way and you follow it you got the result. DO you a mail address:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/e60138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

My email is grant.doug@gmail.com. The link you provided goes to the "home page" for SAP BW help - not to any reference to flat file loads... (?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the URL you mention is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fa/e92637c2cbf357e10000009b38f936/content.htm.

This contains the record layout instructions as follows.

5. Maintaining the hierarchy:

Choose Hierarchy Maintenance, and specify a technical name and a description of the hierarchy.

PSA Transfer Method: You have the option here to set the Remove Leaf Value and Node InfoObjects indicator. As a result, characteristic values are not transferred into the hierarchy fields NODENAME, LEAFFROM and LEAFTO as is normally the case, but in their own transfer structure fields. This option allows you to load characteristic values having a length greater than 32 characters.

Characteristic values with a length > 32 can be loaded into the PSA, but they cannot be updated in characteristics that have a length >32.

The node names for pure text nodes remain restricted to 32 characters in the hierarchy (0HIER_NODE characteristic).

The system automatically generates a table with the following hierarchy format (for sorted hierarchies without removed leaf values and node InfoObjects):

Description

Field Name

Length

Type

Node ID

NODEID

NUMC

InfoObject name

INFOOBJECT

CHAR

Node name

NODENAME