cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit columns in 2 contexts into one crosstab

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a universe which has 2 summary tables and 2 list tables, Now I have linked the one summary table to all list tables and created "Context1" and in the sameway linked second summary table to all list tables and create "Context2"

Now I am using these in a single webi report.

My issue here is when I create a crosstab with column in table 1 and context1 it is fine, but when I try to keed the column of table 2 in the cross tab it is giving me error "Incompatable Objects". But I need to add the columns of 2 tables in single cross tab how is it possible?

I am trying for the last few hours to solve this but with no success. Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Use Merge dimensions in the block.

Additionally the dimensions which are not merged , try to create a detail variable and associate them with merged dimension and than try to use this variable in cross tab.

For eg. your first context bring Country(Dimension),Region(dimension),Revenue(Measure)

second context bring Country(dimension),Sales_date(dimension),sales_value(measure)

Merge the two dimension Country.

Create variable for Sales_Date in report with qualification as detail and associate it with Merge dimension(Country).

Than try using these columns in single block.

This is just a workaround, try and see if it works for you.

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. but where can I found merge dimension.. sorry for asking so many questions newbie to webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably this may help you to understand the functionality of Merge dimension in detail.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For more information related to merge dimension, please refer below link:

rakeshkumar_bhure
Participant
0 Kudos

Please create variable of Type Detail for those columns.

In this case you need to find at least one columns common. Then create a merge dimension for common column.

Your variable created above would be detail of this merged dimension.

Now you would be able to take this objects into your cross-tab.

Thanks

Regards

Rakesh

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. but where can I found merge dimension.. sorry for asking so many questions newbie to webi

rakeshkumar_bhure
Participant
0 Kudos

See below-

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply I am using webi 3.0 where Merge Dimension is greyed out. Can you please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

To merge two dimensions, you have to select those dimension in left panel and than right click and say Merge.

Thanks

Gaurav