cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Web dynpro Application "Hello World" not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not able to run the web dynpro application. Its giving a javascript error mentioned below.

Infact even the standard web dynpro applications are giving the same error.

Line : 10

Char: 13

Error : Invalid Argument

Code: 0

Please advice as to how to sort out the above issue.

Thanks

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have all the necessary setup steps completed for using Web Dynpro - especially the activation of all service nodes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/frameset.htm

No web dynpro application should ever produce a JavaScript error - but the fact that the standard demo applications do as well indicate a systemic problem - most likely a missing setup a piece.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

I've activated all the ICF nodes, still facing the same problem. Any clues what else could be missing.

Thanks

Nidhi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The only thing I can think of is that you have some extremely restrictive or odd browser settings. Is this happening with a number of SAP delivered sample applications? What browser are you using and what release and support package level are you? If the problem is localized to one particular UI element, then there might be a bug fix on OSS - otherwise I think you are looking at a browser setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

She is using Microsoft internet explorer 7.0 with the current update. All the required ICF service is also activated on the SAP system. you are very true that none of the jave applications throw this type of errors in the same system.

Thanks,

Bhanu Pratap Singh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

>

> She is using Microsoft internet explorer 7.0 with the current update. All the required ICF service is also activated on the SAP system. you are very true that none of the jave applications throw this type of errors in the same system.

>

>

> Thanks,

>

> Bhanu Pratap Singh

I'm confused now. The original questions said "Infact even the standard web dynpro applications are giving the same error." Now you are starting that "you are very true that none of the jave applications throw this type of errors in the same system." Do you mean Java applications and if so are you saying that all Web Dynpro ABAP application produce this error but Web Dynpro Java applications do not? Are you working with the original poster?

Answers (0)