cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time users password change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are running EP6 SP9 and running some ESS iViews for self-service and also SAP Webgui as IAC Iview. We have new users who have never logged on earlier to their R/3 systems and when they log in via EP to access their Iviews they are not being asked to change their initial passwords. We tried to setting the profile param login/password_change_for_SSO =1 , After that some of the iviews showing the Change Password screen but when the user accessing SAP Webgui through EP it's not prompting Change password screen instead it's showing Initial Login screen without Submit or change password buttons. When i access the SAP Webgui(Through ITS Login Page) directly using the http://servername:portno/Scripts/wgate/webgui/!

then system is allowing to change the password.

Did anybody come across this problem?

Please help to solve the above issue

Regards,

Birla Bose.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Birla,

Are u using SAP logon tickets for SSO. In that case it will just check if the user name is available in the backend system,.. It wont check for the password..

But while u access the webgui directly in a browser..it would be different.. iw wil veryify both the user name and passoword..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had the similar issue earlier and no appropriate solition was found. So we ended up implementiong the policy for deactivating the passwords for any new users. If the password is deactivated, a user should be permitted to access the portal through SSO. Although our landscape has PWA (pluggable win auth) implemented in addition to SSO.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem.

Regards

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my past issues with having the initial logon screen show by opening something, it was a rights issue.

Check your trace logs and see if you have any access denied errors to the iview. I have been accessing ITS via a URL iview. All of our users that use the portal to use the WebGui are also internal users, so they log on inside the network with sapgui and change the initpass, so I can't help you out there. But, once they do that they can configure their SSO via personalize.