Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox problem displaying .NET iview

adam_recktenwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've noticed that when using Firefox to view a .Net iview I'm getting this error:

Could not load type SAP.Web.UI.Controls.Renderer.Design2002.NETSCAPE5Renderer from assembly SAP.Web.UI.Controls.Renderer.Design2002, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral,

I found some information regarding Design2002 in BSP development in a SAP note that says that Firefox is not supported, however, in Design2003 it is.

Does anyone know of a way to use Design2003 instead? It appears to be linked to the theme being used... We're currently using the out-of-box theme "SAP Tradeshow" but can't see where this particular item would be set in this theme or a copied (customer) theme.

Other Details:

EP6 SP10

J2EE WAS 6.4 SP10

MSSQL 2000 sp3

Windows 2003 Server

.Net PDK Patch 2 on VS.Net 2003

Framework 1.1

Any help is much appreciated! Many of our users are/would be using Firefox.

I've also posted this in the .net forum...

Thanks!

-Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adam_recktenwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm going to be installing SP11 on a sandbox system later this week. I'll let you know what I find.

-Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam

I will wait for your feedback. Let me know whenevr your done with your installation and verification.

Thanx a lot

Gaurav

adam_recktenwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm happy to report that in SP11, Firefox support is much improved. I can't say that I've tested everything but general browsing thru PCD, User Mgt, etc. works very well including dynamic navigation elements.

-Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam

Thanx for your update also.Actually,

here our team has also upgraded to SP11 just 2 days back and yesterday we did a through testing and really the browser support has improved considerably. This has given a lot of relief. The Left nav is working in Firefox. Netscape is also behaving good.

There are a few problems with the upgrade but there is a little relief now.

Few runtime errors are comming here n there in the out of box iViews. We will trying to solve them.

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Message was edited by: Gaurav Gandhi

adam_recktenwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've found a workarround.

If you go into the web.config file in the Portalapps directory where you installed the .net runtime, you can essentially make Firefox (or any other browser) behave like any other browser by using <browserCaps>.

I added this to the web.config.

<browserCaps>

<!-- GECKO Based Browsers (Netscape 6+, Mozilla/Firebird, ...) //-->

<case match="Mozilla/5\.0 \([)]\) (Gecko/[-\d]+)? (?'type'[^/\d])([\d])/(?'version'(?'major'\d)(?'minor'\.\d)(?'letters'\w)).*">

browser=IE

type=$

frames=true

tables=true

cookies=true

javascript=true

javaapplets=true

ecmascriptversion=1.5

w3cdomversion=1.0

css1=true

css2=true

xml=true

tagwriter=System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter

<case match="rv:(?'version'(?'major'\d)(?'minor'\.\d)(?'letters'\w*))">

version=$

majorversion=6

minorversion=$

<case match="^b" with="$">

beta=true

</case>

</case>

</case>

</browserCaps>

I've changed the browser type to "IE" and majorversion to "6"... making Firefox appear like IE6 to SAP.

I haven't tested this throughly so there may be problems I haven't found, but it appears to work.

I posted incase anyone else has the same issue...

-Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam

Read your solution for FireFox.

We are having lots of problems regarding the browsers.

SAP Portal (we are using EP6 SP2) does not work in Netscape and Firefox.

In Firefox, none of the Left Nav links click. and in Netscape there are hell lot of issues.

Somewhere the iViews dont run, somewhere nothing is visible, and sometimes nothing happens.

Do you have some soultion for such issues like 1) The left nav does not clicks on Firefox. 2) The iViews do not resize in Netscape and 3) the topmost problem is multiple scrollbars (sometimes half of dozen), you really do not know which scrollbar to move to see your content.

We came to know that with EP6 SP11, these problems will be resolved?????

Can you help me in this matter.

Regards

Gaurav

adam_recktenwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I've noticed the same problem and haven't found a solution yet. My plan was to not use the tree style navigation for end users to avoid this problem and stick to IE for admin / configuration stuff.

Sorry couldn't have been more of a help.

-Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe SP11 contains Firefox support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal

I also heard some time back that SP11 is going to support Firefox. But you or anybody else confirm me about this, Can it be said that whatever problems i have mentioned above are not occuring in SP11? Has anybody checked this?

We are planning for SP11 but that will some time.

<b>I have even heard that SAP is planning to remove Netscape Support.</b> Can anybody comment on this..

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

had the same problem with being unable to display .NET iViews in Firefox. This prob isn't solved even in SP11, but with your workaround it seems to work properly...

Cheers,

Billy