cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Apps Performance issues - The request URL or the metadata definition is incorrect

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the users have been complaining about performance issues of the Fiori Apps (Both extended and custom developed). The users access the apps through SAP Fiori client in iPad. When I look into the gateway log the only error message that I see against these user Ids are - "The request URL or the metadata definition is incorrect". The system alias are correctly defined. The apps works fine for some users from laptop as well as from iPad. The roles and authorizations are assigned same for all users. If you have faced something similar, please share the solution and inventions.

Thanks in advance!

View Entire Topic
vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

- We encountered the similar issues in Gateway error log when we developed custom UI5 applications.

- There is no issue with Gateway Projects/System aliases/Roles.

- There should be some unused/uunwanted Odata calls which are hitting the gateway system.

- Please try to delete all those Odata calls which are happening from the UI to the Gateway system , this will resolve the error "The request URL or the metadata definition is incorrect" .

Anyway this error will not reduce the performance of your application. Please try to activate trace for Gateway calls from Ipad browsers and compare with desktop browsers.( If you have access ).

Thanks,

Vijay

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can we get the iPad traces from Fiori client in the Gateway?

Thanks

Kavitha

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Never tried Fiori client before, hopefully we should get as it should get the data from the odata services by hitting the gateway system only.

Thanks,

Vijay

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Yes we can get the log traces of the application from the mobile device using the application.

Navigate to the settings of the Fiori Client and select the log level to Error/Debug and run the app again.The app traces are collected now and can be viewed from settings --> "View Log" at the user mobile to email to the Administrator to analyse more..

To analyse more at the network traffic level, i would normally go with TCP DUMP for Android or analyse the stack trace of HTTP calls from the FioriClient package to Gateway by connecting the developer device via ADB  I believe there would be a similar way for IPAD / IPhone as well.

If the Fiori Client is proxied via SMP the Log traces can also be collected by SMP administrator also..

Regards

Virinchy