cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Source System in Extractors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am looking to populate the LOGSYS field in a number of datasources coming from a number of systems. I realize that it is possible to enhance all the extractors to supply this data from the source system, but I am looking for a method for determining the system on the BW side as the data is processed through the transformation.

When I look at the definition of the data source, it occurs to me that the source system assignment should supply the needed information. This is unique to the data source/system assignment and will also update correctly as the transfer rule is promoted up the landscape.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to determine the source system assignment during processing of the inbound data package?

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a routine at the transfer rules level for the logsys.

Since you have the datasource specific to a particular system and it will bring data from that system only.Just make sure that routine has a hardcoded system name.

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Ajeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your response, but then if I transport this routine to QA and eventually PRD, the hardcoding will stay as it is in DV. I am trying to have it pick up the logical system name of the source rather than hard coding.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a follow up to this, I am aware of table RSOLTPSOURCE, but am looking for advice on how to link the data package to the specific record in RSOLTPSOURCE durring processing of the data package.

Regards,

Kevin