cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding SAP sub-window titles

hello there,

i was trying to build some custom components for SAP automation, I have a screen where i need to find out if a certain box (as show in the image) exists. I could only find the title of the main window using SAP Scripting, but not the titles of the sub-windows or sections. any idea how this can be done using SAP scripting … (please see the image, the circled titles needs to be identified using SAP Scripting)

Appreciate your help

H

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In first screen of BIBS demo, there are frames with texts (your "subwindows").

SAP screenreader.exe (note 1441550 - SAP GUI scripting: Sample applications) says that the frame element has these properties - I guess it should be more or less the same for your own screen:

• id = /app/con[1]/ses[1]/wnd[0]/usr/subSA_0100_1:SAPLEXAMPLE_ENTRY_SCREEN:0200/subSA_200_2:SAPLEXAMPLE_ENTRY_SCREEN:1200/boxGB2
  • text = Checkbox referring to several fields

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FrankKrauseGUI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Hara,

there are not subwindows or sections, but what we call "Group Boxes".
See the SAP GUI Scripting documentation:
https://help.sap.com/viewer/b47d018c3b9b45e897faf66a6c0885a8/760.05/en-US/abb6e26bbe6c44218aa9849270...

The group boxes are a regular part of the object tree and can be found like any other object.

Best regards,
Frank

0 Kudos

Hello Frank, Thank you for the information. is there a possibility to get the titles or other attributes of these group boxes using VBScript ?

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hara,

you can find an approach here. It loops over the user area to detect an element of a specific type. Change it to GuiBox with the value 62 and with the attribute Text you get the title.

Best regards
Stefan