cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding job id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i loaded a cube from a flat file and i am able to see the records in cube. no issues with that. i just want to find out about this job in sm37. how do i find it. the foll are the ones i tried to find the job id:

1. went to infopkg and in the schedule tab there is a field for jobname and it had only BI_BTCH.

2. went to psa (as i loaded psa and then to targets)tab in rsa1 and found out this tech name, REQU_23D59MAVNX4D56K5CXOU1VHSM. gave this in sm37 jobname and when i executed i am getting like "no job matches the selection criteria". where am i going wrong.

ps: am i finding the job id in the correct way or not? pls help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Centrino,

"Schedule immediately" would not run as a background job but as a foregound job. Hence no job Id and Job log would be found in SM37. Try scheduling it as a background job by selecting the Scheduling option in the infopackage.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dinesh,

u solved it. i have no issues with the data load. i don't want to schedule in background now. i was not aware of the concept that for schedule immdy no jobid can be seen in sm37(even when the load fails -- right). this answers my question.

from our discussion i am concluding that we can view our jobs and status in sm37 only if we had scheduled in bgd.

do correct me if my understanding is wrong?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In monitor we have 3 tabs in which one is header,in that find job name/job id,and goto sm37 and give the job name and put Bi* infront of job name/id (or delete first part of job name/id and put *) that you found it in monitor and give remaining parameters then execute then you can get job details.

Thanks

Surendra Kumar Reddy Koduru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Centrino,

relating BI jobs to actual CCMS jobs can be a challenge. However, the new Job Scheduling capabilities of SAP NetWeaver can do this automatically for you, making monitoring easier. You can find more information on SAP Service Marketplace under quick-link job-scheduling.

Kind regards,

Edwin Esser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Centrino,

Yes..You have got it.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Centrino,

In the infopackage -> Scheduler tab -> You would find the BI_BTCH*** job Id if the load was scheduled as a background job. You also have a button there to see the status of the job.

If you are unable to find it and you had executed the job. Then go to SM37 give the job id as BI*** , your user id and the date as selection and find the job id. The Job log would have the cube technical name also.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i scheduled as start immdy and in schdule tab i have only BI_BTCH as job name, so i went to sm37 gave BI* as jobname and my userid with date as 10/12/2005 to 10/13/2005 and i still get "no job matches selection criteria". what could be the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Centrino,

The JOB Id starts with BI_BT**. Copy that and goto SM37 and give the job Id. If you know the date on which it ran then give the date as selection. Now check all the job type - scheduled, completed, actie, etc.. and execute. You would find the Job status and also job log.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

could u tell me where i will find the job id, if i loaded data into cube.