cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finance Data source Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a question regarding 0CO_OM_CCAA_1 data source.  I read this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/9bcf38508bad6de10000000a11402f/content.htm

so it tells me that

"

The fiscal year (0FISCYEAR) and posting period (0FISCPER3) characteristics are filled by the fiscal year period field (0FISCPER) in the InfoSource."

but my question is if some one posts something back-dated.  like if some one posts a document in July 2013 and make the posting period as March 2012.  so when i pull my data using FULL extraction by FISCPER field for the year of 2012, I will not see that document right? then if i do a pull for the year of 2013 then I will fetch that document but then it will be placed in my cube as 007/2013 right?  also if an end-user is doing a query by posting period then he will not see this document in the year of 2012 but he will see it in 2013 right? please let me know.

if so then this will cause data integrity issues between ECC and BW right? so how do we rectify that.  the datasource does not give me Posting period field so that i can use that to do the pull from ecc.  so how do i fix that? would i have to do an enhancement to my datasource? please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

But is there any requirement to run the report using posting period.

Financial reports generally runs on documented date and based on that only 0FISCPER is calculated, where as positing dates are extracted as it is, along with the docuemnts.

Now user run the report using FISCPER which refers doc date and then if he/she required can drag the posting date to see the exact date when it was posted.

Also check with functional team, that how backdated posting works in ECC, it differ company to company.

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod, thanks for the feedback but why would I care about how back dated trans. are configured in ECC when in my BW system my 0FISCPER is mapped to FISCPER and FISCPER3 (posting period) is also mapped to FISCPER.  this means that posting period in BW will always be mapped to FISCPER right?  let's forget about ecc for a moment.  Also yes, the report requirement is to run the report on posting period.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

yes if your transformation derives fiscper3 from fiscper you will have it in the report available

still ecc should not allow posting backwards that far as it affects your financials from a legal perspective..

martin

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at your example if someone posting for back yr like March 2012, to my knowledge, they open the calendar for posting max to previous period only (but as I said it depends comp to comp).

But agree.....don't go into it as far as BW is concern.

Now back to original quest.......so the backdated posted doc

Normal Delta - will pick that doc and posting period will be Mar 2012, because of timestamp entry

Full load 2012 - will pick that doc and posting period will be Mar 2012

Full Load 2013 - will not pick that doc

So it will work fine.

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

this backend posting are not allowed in all the periods. Normally past periods are closed ..unless there is exception in your client business where they can still post data for previous 1-2 periods. You can check this with functional team.

Normally future period postings are always allowed that is say from period 13 to 16 periods.

Thanks and regards

Kiran

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control back date postings in R3 configuration in SPRO. So the user will have a facility to do back dated postings only for certain period say 6 months.

If for e.g. if user has this setting maintained in r3 and some possting done in Feb 2013 and making posting period as dec 2012 then when a report is run then fisper is shown as 14 ( SAP allows a maximum of 16 posting periods in each fiscal year. It consists of 12 regular posting periods and 4 special periods) and fiscyear as 2012. 14 indicates that the posting done in feb ( 12+2) with fiscyear as 2012. when a report is ran with feb 2013 then it shws as fis year 2013 and fiscper as 02. The behaviour should be explained to end user.

For SAP Fiscal Year Variant Configuration check below link.

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-24583

Hope your question is answered.

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback but that is not the issue is. There is NO POSTING PERIOD provided in the datasource which is the reason.  0FISCPERIOD seems to be mapped to FISCPER by SAP itself. so how would it get the proper posting period for back-dated transaction postings?

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why do you need the posting period in the datasource? From fiscalyear/period you can derive

fiscper3 and fiscyear in your transformation..

Martin

MJUDI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Fiscal Year/Period (0FISCPER) is mapped to the Posting Date, and therefore the first InfoObject mapped in this sequence is 0FISCPER from the posting date and it will get the right period/year combination from the posting date. The note in the help page sounds correct because if the 0FISCPER is mapped to Posting Date, the other two InfoObjects should get the correct values of year and period. The date that drives all this mapping is the posting date and this should capture the period in the right year.

Thanks,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one please?

MJUDI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Venkat, what are you still looling for? If your question is not yet answered, please ellaborate and explain to us what is missing?

Thanks,

MJ