cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering of Data through Combo Box with chart drill down Option.

0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I need to ask one thing about combo box filtering option, i want to filter my data like country, agent, customer and in the end material. I have achieved this through filter component but the thing which bother me is that if i select the specific customer in filter option it directly give's input to other filter's which i don't want. So the alternate is combo box but the thing which is creating problem is that if i filter my data through combo box it doesn't give any option for the chart filtering. For more convenience i am attaching my spreadsheet data which i want to filter.  please help me in this matter.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hassan Ali.

Sample Is Below::

Country Customer Material
Austria David   Mat 1
Austria Simon   Mat 2
China XYI jo   Mat 2
China CHU pa   Mat 4
India Suresh   Mat 1
India Ramesh   Mat 5
Sales QuantityExport Sales
300.000 FT21,631,020.77 PKR
600.000 FT23,108,107.67 PKR
600.000 FT211,917,131.08 PKR
200.000 FT28,679,817.14 PKR
760.000 FT28,059,453.23 PKR
790.000 FT21,727,072.16 PKR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear Suman

It says the dashboard has been created using advance version of dashboard and not supported, as i am also using 4.1 SP7. Can you please upload a excel file and show what i have to map on components. I am using OLAP connection.

Thanks

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing to do with excel file, just the logic with combo box.

0 Kudos

Dear's

I have gone through this example many time as combo box only show how to filter the data, but the thing which i want is that i want to filer the data as well as i want to show on chart what is selected countries or customer sales quantity and export sales, means i want to show full profitability on the chart with the selected combo box parameter's. As this example only show's how to filter the data but not how to show it on chart and this will also help like if i want to see only particular country profitability i can view this, then moreover if i select the selected country customer i can see the profitability of selected customer means a full analysis can be done through this. Please provide me with some example based scenario if possible either on excel or xcelsius.

Thanks & Best Regards,

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which connection ur using

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a sample file on your requirement, check whether it matches and revert for any help. file is in .txt format change the extension to .xlf and open with dashboard.

--sumanT

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Using filter component you can filter the values by hierarchy model, if you don't want in that way you can achieve this using combo box. Please go through below blog which can clarify you in detail. IF not please explain the scenario in detail what you need to filter and what you need to display in chart we can assist you in better.

Hope this helps!!!

--SumanT

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you explain in detail for chart what you want to do