cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter value - exclude option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a query with Vendor Number as Filter and We have excluded few vendor numbers (attributes). This query is working fine now.

But, whenever any new vendor numbers are added, we would like to have automatic exclusion for any vendor number having the description for example

" CHICAGO SUPPLIER ....".

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can have. In fact it is a better practice ot do that.

Get a logic and write a routine in update rules to eliinate the records of unwanted vendors.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need delete whose vendors having " chicago'. and also i want exclude in future also those vendors .

actually we have done one customer exit . but that is not helpful due to not equal funtion not working.

plz do u have ideas on that pls let me know.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That will not be the case in the update rules....you can easily delete the unwanted entries

You can write a simple routine and delete out the unwanted records in the update rules itself

You can write a routine mentioning the chicago description as key to delete the records

Regards

N Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ganesh,

but our client wou't accent due to furthere it might be scnario change .

what they are asking is there possible to filter exclude values in web report not bEx report.

if you have any idea on that plz let me know

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

There is no Option in BEx or Web Reporting to Exclude a record based on the Text of an attribute. You Can set a flag in the Update Rules for these Records.

for that You need to have a field Say 'Exclude Indicator' and Update tyhis field with Some X for the Records which you are having the Text Chicago. Now you Can Exclude these Records by setting a filter saying Exclude X for 'Exclude Indicator'.

Thanks,

-Vijay

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you already have 2 threads about the same issue...can you please close them with appropriate comments, or state why the suggestions provided are not working out for you:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=1389348

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=1389348