cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter panel / objects on masterdata supporting multiple data sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am designing a Design Studio application on top of a BEx query. (design Studio 1.6, BW 7.4 via BI platform 4.1 SP6)

The goal is to have 2 tabs in the application, with charts and tables:

- DS1: open opportunities

- DS2: closed opportunities

Now I want to have 1 generic filter panel (or whatever filter object you think I should use).

This filter panel should have filters on BU, Accountmanager etc. The filter panel is based on DS_1: open opportunities.

Goal: I would like this filterpanel to be able to support both selection on DS1 and DS2.

issue: If there is an Accountmanager "Robert" who only has closed opportunities, his name will not be displayed on the filterpanel. (because Robert is not part of the transaction data for Open opportunities.

In BW query you could easly change the behavior:

"Filter Value Selection at Query Execution" - Only posted values for navigation / Only values in infoprovider / Values in Master Data Table

Can anybody please tell me how I can fulfil my requirement:

- having 1 filter panel (or other filter object) supporting multiple queries (and therefor showing all masterdata instead of transactional data).

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bart:

Have you tried in the edit > initial view to set this setting:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tammy,

unfortunately that is not a solution.

option you are suggesting is wrt the resultset.

The columns I use for filtering (BU / Account manager) are not part of my resultset (not in rows or columns) but only used for my filter panel.

I tried this before but unfortunately that does not help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Did you try the Members for Filtering option? The first one from the screen shot Tammy has attached to her reply. You will see similar options there as well.

Just drag your dimension to the initial view and change the setting and remove it from the Rows/Columns. The dimension is removed but the setting will remain unchanged.

Regards,

Swapnil Koti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

Thanks for this suggestion! I would not have found this. Not the most intuitive part of the DS interface .

I think SAP should make de option MEMBERS FOR FILTERING available for all objects in the left top pane (query view) instead of having to drag and drop them one by one in rows or columns and then removing them again.

Kind regards,

Bart

Answers (0)