cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files from external NT Repository not visible in public documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured for an NT repository. From the Component Monitor I can see that the repository is up and running. I was hoping to see the documents in NT repository visible in the public documents folder of the end user km explorer. But I do not see them even after doing user mapping.

What additional configuration do I have to do? DO I have to configure for an entry point for the NT repository? Or am I missing a necessary repository service?

Repository is on win2003. Portal version EP 6 SP4.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The NT repository will not automaticly be visible in public documents. Public Documents is a subfolder under the CM Repository "documents" and you can not create a new repository and let it appear under an existing one.

What you can do is an virtual folder under public documents directing to your new NT Repository.

For this you go to the folder "Public Documents" in the KM Explorer and go to the menu point "Folder" -> "New" -> "Link..". Then you select the repository in your KM Content.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Robert.

How can I create an entry point for the new NT Repository in the navigation iview? How can I make this repository visible to end users without creating a link?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

1. To create an Entry Point go to Knowledge Management -> Configuration -> Content Management -> Repository Managers -> Entry Points Providers and create a new "Entry Point Provider for Static Folders" with the target on your NT Repository. Then it will be displayed under Home -> MyInfo -> Overview.

2. Without creating a link, the only other possibility that I see to make the repository visible to end user, is to create a new KM Navigation iView and assign this iView to a end user role. In this iView to insert the repository path in the field "path to initial display folder".

Best regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try these options. Thanks for your suggestions.

Answers (0)