cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File2File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying File 2 File scenario, I have file adapter(both receiver and sender ) installed on my machine.

And I have also 2 communication channels set, I used File adapters in communication channels. When I run this scenario, in Monitor I see my message to be processed sucessfully but I don't see any log in receiver adapter and also no output file.

I have selected File system and not FTP in receiver channel, does this selection creates output file on server disk?

If anyone have File2File scenario documentation, please forward it to me.

regards,

Mustafa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a File 2 File in our system, e.g. the inbound file adapter picks a file up from a directory and drops it off on an FTP server but it works fine with another directory too.

What environment do you have, e.g. NT or Unix. I had lots of issues with XI running on NT and writing to a Unix directory via NFS mount. Grrr. No problem with the Unix to Unix world.

Did you increase the trace level in the integration engine to see more information in SXMB_MONI?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with NT platform, I am trying to pick a file from my local machine ( in this case I believe I have to use FTP adapter on server or a File adapter on my local machine which would send the file to server pipeline) and write the file back again to my local machine for which I am using a receiver file adapter on my local machine, the entries I did in repository for outbound channel are also of file adapter but this approach is not working.

Can any one write to me the steps required to do a simple File2File scenario, as I could not get much info from the documentations I have.

regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your end point/communication channel should be of type "XI" not file adapter. Then you point the URL to your machine using the port and path from your receiver adapter. Eg:

Adapter type: XI

Addressing type: URL

Target host: (your ip address)

Service number: (port of your receiver adapter. eg 8210)

path: (Path of your receiver adapter. eg /file/receiver

Authentication: Anonymous

If this does not work the message will fail and you will be able to analyze the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I used the said config details, my input file is..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<ns0:MTYP_name xmlns:ns0="File_File">Mustafa</ns0:MTYP_name>

I am just doing simple mapping of single field, but I am getting the following error..

<b>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>500</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>internal server error: com.sap.aii.messaging.mo.MalformedMessageException: Cannot find Main Header in XMBMessage - check the message version</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText><html> <head> <title>Transport Service Error</title> </head> <body> <h1>HTTP/1.0 500</h1> <h3>internal server error: com.sap.aii.messaging.mo.MalformedMessageException: Cannot find Main Header in XMBMessage - check the message version</h3> </body> </html></SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>HTTP response contains status code 500 with the description internal server error: com.sap.aii.messaging.mo.MalformedMessageException: Cannot find Main Header in XMBMessage - check the message version XML tag Envelope missing in SOAP message header (SAP XI Extension)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error></b>

What is the cause of this error and also how do I change the trace logging levels?

regards,

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same error

"internal server error: com.sap.aii.messaging.mo.MalformedMessageException: Cannot find Main Header in XMBMessage - check the message version"

have anyone found a solution to the problem?

Thanks for any hints.

Nesimi Buelbuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I have selected File system and not FTP in receiver >channel, does this selection creates output file on >server disk?

1.If you use J2SE Adapter Engine in your Receiver File System then you should set Adapter type ="XI" in File Receiver Communication Channel;

2.If not the case 1, then you should use FTP in receiver channel;

I think on-line help will give some hints to you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm