cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload: Unsupported file format: Text or XML only zrsplf_file_upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all together,

always I want to uplaod data via the how to Upload data with zrsplf_file_upload I get the error message: File Upload: Unsupported file format: Text or XML only. But I use a .txt-file "upload_test.txt" and the file have the same structure which I had difined in File Format. Any Idea what could be the reason?

Could that be a problem of Authorization or of Connection to the network because I have to work with VPN? Do somebody have expirients with that?

Thanks a lot.

Best regard,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel.

I've successfully also used RSPLF Upload/Download functions using several network environments for my Web Planning Application using BI-IP....

Your problem is addressed to a file format issue...try both options TAB-SEPARATED and XML schema, this must works ok!!...please double check...

hope this helps...

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not due VPN connection. The error message clearly indicates error in file format.

IN you Planning Function set FILE FORMAT as DEFAULT and use "TAB Delimiter Text File " to load data upload.

In your class search for the error message "Unsupported file format: Text or XML only". you will get to know about the condition due to which it is coming.

I'm successfully using file upload/download through VPN.

Thanks

Pratyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file should be tab-delimited .txt file. Check it once again.

Open the file in Excel and see if the contents are appearing in different columns properly and then save it as tab-delimited .txt file.

Edited by: Deepti Maru on Feb 18, 2009 5:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello togther,

the file is Okay. a collegue who was local to the system could upload the data.

So it could be a problem of authoruízation or it is a problem of the Line (VPN ect..)

Do you have an Idea?

Thanks in advance.

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

chk if the external tab declarations for the seperators and file type etc...

Ramesh