cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to idoc scenarion in PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on file to IDOC scenarions ( ACLPAY01 ) but getting the following error message

Adding control record to payload failed due to Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of a null object loaded from local variable chars

Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of a null object loaded from local variable 'chars'

Exception caught by adapter framework: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of a null object loaded from local variable 'chars'

Error Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of a null object loaded from local variable 'chars'

Help is highly regarded

Regards,

Krutiman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using external definition in your operation/message mappings?

Can you check below note -

1862655 - NullPointerExceptions during IDoc_AEE Receiver Adapter processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, i already checked the OSS Note but its confusing. I can create the interface with the naming they have provided.. there should be some alternate solution.

Regards,

Krutiman

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> I can create the interface with the naming they have provided.. there should be some alternate solution

Not sure if we have any alternate solution as the parser itself is doing such validation which requires the interface name in that pattern.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also struggled with note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1862655 as I didn't have any CIMTYP to fill. Even opened a call at SAP. They told me to use default sender for IDoc adapter which in my opinion could be seen as a minor hack, but at some time I just gave up arguing with support, so there you go

See my two answers here

If you feel this should be working without setting either values within mapping or specifying the default sender, I encourage you to open a call, the more complain, the better the chances to get this solved in a proper manner (even I admit that it's not that likely to be handled soon)

HTH

Cheers

Jens

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krutiman,

Have you tried the solution as per this wiki page

Error in Receiver Java based IDOCadapter: IDOCAdapterException sender or receiver partner, port is i...

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krutiman

Which option out of the following did you choose in the RFC Parameters tab?

1. Default (Recommended)

2. Manual

3. From NWA

check the logon credentials accordingly..

Regards,

Xineohpi