Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done a file to file scenario. My problem is:

I have file in source system ex: file20070428.txt. i will pick this file and place it into destination.Next day in the same source directory i will get one more file with the file name ex:file20070429.txt. using the same file to file scenario i need to pick this file as well. Like this daily file name time stamp will be changed and i have to pick the file how to configure my comunication channel to achive this functionality. Please give me the solution.

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

try using file????????.txt

even though i nevr tried dis but it might work as ? is used for single char,it should take only 8 chars.

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ravishankar,

Specify the name of the file that you want to process. The name can contain placeholders (*, ? (placeholders for exactly one character)) so that you can select a list of files for processing.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi prasad

sorry I didnt get u? I want to know how to add the patches to resolve the above problem.? and what patches i need to add ?

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If in this folder only ur files will be places then put *.txt in the Channel and it will pick up the file.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

File prefix name is same but the time stamp is different. For ex: if i have filename like filexxx should not pick if i have file name like file20070129 (last 8 charecters are time stame right) only the file with the time stamp should be pick.

Then how can i pick

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Message was edited by:

RaviShankar B

Message was edited by:

RaviShankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then its even simple..

according to you if the file is coming as

'Test20070101' for today then say Test*.txt

in the channel

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if i have file name like Testabc its should not pick. The file name with Test20070101 with time stamp only i need to pick

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also follow the link for better understanding apart from this discussion.

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be achieved I guess when you have the Transport Protocol as NFS but not FTP.

You can specify the Processing Sequence as By Date..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u please tell me how to do that

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Sender File Communication Channel, choose Transport Protocol as 'File System NFS' and then under processing parameters locate the parameter Processing Sequence, default value is 'By Name' from there choose 'By Date' and try.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur reply. I will try this and i will get u back...

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to solve my problem using the following blog<a href="/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

But as mentioned in the blog <b>Advanced Selection for Source File</b> option is not available in my sender communication channel.Can any one please tell me why its not available?

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Shankar B

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What is ur SP level..???It depends upon the level that you are using.

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Only From SP15 onwards you get a check box 'Advanced Selection for Source File'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to add latest patches to my XI server.? If i add latest patches to my J2EE engine is it will support?

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Shankar B