cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-to-File Scenario: Parsing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

I had to work with idoc-to-file or file-to-file several times, and i noticed that sometimes if one data to map to the file was incomplete it caused several errors mapping, there's any way to fix that?

Let me explain with an example:

XML structure: 3,4,5,(missing field),7

If the parsing corresponding to "6" is smaller than 7 i would get an error because the transmission would be: 3,4,5,7

In most of cases these are mandatory fields, but i'm curious as if we have any other choice to find that error, because in big xml files is really hard to check which data is missing and why

There's any way to leave with blanks to avoid errors and the displacement of data? => 3,4,5, ,7

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the similar requirement where the end users find it difficult to check the line item where they had made the error.

So, we decided to do a RFC call to a function module at XI level which captures the line items details and stores in a table.

Parallely an Alert is raised which captures all these informaiton and been sent to their email.

Only thing you need to make sure is that it doesnt show any eror in FCC and should show error while mapping only.

It is difficult to capture error trace during FCC

Regards

Krish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Supoose if you structure is:

<Document name>

<Recordset Name>

<field1>

</field1>

</Recordset Name>

</Document name>

Then you can assign in FCC as ' field1.fieldContentFormatting' as Nothig

This will allow blanks to pass through

Regards

Archanaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis,

Iu2019m not sure if I understand your question. But I think if you map your blank data, before to pass the message to file adapter youu2019ll get the correct format.