cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file system repository on other machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to set up a file system repository that looks into a share on another machine. Here are my details:

Active: yes

Hide in Root: no

Send Events: yes

Property Search: com.sapportals.wcm.repository.manager.generic.search.SimplePropertySearchManager

Repository Services: Not set

ACL Manager: ca_rsrc_acl

Security Manager: AclSecurityManager

Prefix: /reports

Lookup mode: caseless

Root Dir: //199.41.52.223/reports/

199.41.52.223 is the remote machine's ip address that has a share called "reports" on it. I have tried the ip and the fqdn and both don't work. In the component monitor I can see that the repository for "reports" failed to start. When I point the repository to a share on the portal server it works fine, just not to a remote machine. When on the portal server I can look into the share simply by entering "
<fqdn>\reports" in the start run dialogue and I would get no prompts or errors.

...is there something I'm missing?

Regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Which credentials are needed to access the share? Does the user which runs the portal service has access permissions? If not you can use the KM Mount Service to mount the share with a different user.

Please be aware the if you use the AclSecurityManager with a file system repository the ACLs are stored in the database and are not synchronized with the backend filesystem. So, if users manipulate files and folders on the backend you will have inconsistent ACLs.

A better choice would be the W2KSecurityManager which

uses the permission settings of the backend filesystem.

Kind regards, Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk, I will need to set the permissions up.

Can you provide some detail (or link) on this KM Mount service?

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You find it in the KM-Config under Global Services/Network Paths. Here you can specify the shares you want to mount and then use in filesystem repositories.

Kind regards, Dirk

PS: Please don't forget the reward points, if this helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I would love to award points but the options are not there!! I only have "Solved it on my own" at the top and that's it.

Answers (0)