cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File system repository manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ---

I have created a file system repository manager and integrated a external repository on a Windows share with the Portal. I also created a KM Navigation iview for displaying the contents of the network share from the Portal. The contents of the network share are displayed to all the users who have super admin rights, but to an end user, who just has a custom role and the KM Navigation iview assigned, the contents are not displayed and I get an error

<b>"Access Denied: The item you are attempting to access requires permissions you do not have. Contact the item's owner or a system administrator to acquire the permissions in question."</b>

I had assigned "W2KSecurityManager" to the File system repository manager. Even the administrator user cannot change the permissions for that repository by going to Details --> Settings --> Permissions. When I go to Details --> Settings --> Permissions, I see only the permissions for that item (allow permissions for List Children, Create Child, Read Properties, Write Properties, Delete). But if I assign ACLSecurityManager, i see options to change the permissions for users or a group.

How does this work? What kind of Security manager should I be assigning to a File system repository manager?

Thanks much in advance,

<b>Points will be awarded for helpful answers/suggestions.

~~Leena</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

What is the user account with which you have created the n/w path for the share..

Have you given permission on the fileshare for the user account.

Also You wont be able to see the normal permssions for w2k security.

Super admin would be the system principal which overrides your w2k security.

The main thing to check that the user account on which j2ee engine runs

should have full access rights on the file share.Pls check whether your user

mapping has been done properly ie domain\your id.

Pls cross check your settings against this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep60sp2/helpdata/en/e3/92322ab24e11d5993800508b6b8b11/content.htm

Hope this helps

Regards

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If use W2KSecurityManager as Security Manager then users access the file system acess permission on windows server.

if use AclSecurityManager as Security Manager then all the permission maintained in the Portal level only for all the users.

Thanks

Gopal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava,

I have read through all this documentation and I dont know where the permission problem lies. If I assign eu_role, the icons are getting displayed properly.. if not, the icons are not displayed.

Not sure where the problem is.

Please let me know, if you have any other suggestion to do

Thanks,

~~~LB

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to give permission to /etc folder for your user just to understand the problem...

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Get the URL of one image showing that problem.

2) Access that URL directly in the browser.

3) You should see an 403 error page. Obtain the stack trace using "show source" (don't try this with IE, use a proper browser).

4) Post the stack trace here.

Best regards,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I am getting Portal runtime exception, when I copy and paste the link of one of the images in the browser. Here is the exception that I am getting:

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

Access denied (Object(s): portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role/com.sap.km.home_ws/com.sap.km.hidden/com.sap.km.urlaccess/com.sap.km.docs).

Exception id: 12:22_07/06/07_0066_6525450

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Yesterday, when I was copying and pasting the link of one of the images in the browser, I was able to see the image. But today, i am unable to see the image, but only the Portal runtime exception.

Could you please explain me, where and how do I have to copy the stack trace?

Thanks,

~~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be seeing a different kind of error page.

What URL are you using?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, that means IMHO that access is not denied by KM, but by the portal (in which KM is only one of many components).

Sorry, can't help you with that one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leena,

using W2KSecurityManager means to use the security concept of your windows server. Check at the windows server, if the users have access to the folders.

You also have to define a Windows System in the Portal. See also <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c2/88e3d471640f43b3e81608b8c3b2e9/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c2/88e3d471640f43b3e81608b8c3b2e9/frameset.htm</a> and <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c2/88e3d471640f43b3e81608b8c3b2e9/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c2/88e3d471640f43b3e81608b8c3b2e9/frameset.htm</a>.

Finally don't forget to do User-Mapping for the users with the windows system. Otherwise a connection to the fileserver from the portal will fail. To do User-Mapping follow the steps:

1. Go to User-Administration

2. Select your users, or even groups

3. Select tap User Mapping for System Access

4. Modify your entries here. Select your Windows System and type the Windows User and Password.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the answers/suggestions.

The user mapping has been configured properly for the windows system and everything is configured as per the help documentation. I gave read access to Everyone group and checked the End user box on the Windows system that I created. Also this end user as whom I am trying to login to the portal to access km navigation iview has access to the network share.

<b>If I change the security manager to AclSecurityManager, then I dont see any icons (folder or context menu or annotations or sort by icons) in the navigation iview. I see only red X in place of icons.</b>

Could anyone help me out what could be wrong?

Thanks,

~~Leena

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the icon and select properties. You will see the KM path of the icon. Then check if they really there. If yes check also permissions.

Regards

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the response.... I went and checked /etc/public/mimes/images/*...

I found all the images there and all those images have the default permissions "For everyone group, full control"

Could you please let me know, what else could be wrong with the file system repository creation?

Thanks,

~~Leena

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you see the image when you copy the image url from properties window and paste it into browser.

( I am leaving now, I will check your response tomorrow. )

Regards

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abdul,,

I see the image when I copy and paste the image url in the browser.

Thanks,

~~LB

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check permissions for folder :

\usr\sap\<SID>\sys\global\config\cm\etc

set full permission to SAPService<SID>.

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I checked the permissions for the etc folder. SAPService<SID> did not have permissions on that folder. So, I assigned permissions to that folder and checked the KM navigation iview.. no change or improvement.

One other thing that I noticed is that if I assign atleast "eu_role" to the endusers, the icons are getting displayed. I compared permissions for the eu role and the custom role that I created. I dont see any difference. But when the end user has eu role, the icons are getting displayed otherwise no....

Could you throw in your suggestions?

Thanks,

~~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All --

Any other suggestions for this problem?

<b>Points will be awarded for useful suggestions/solution.</b>

Thanks,

~~~LB