cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File limits

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I don't have EP set up yet, I was wondering what are the limitations of shared files.

I know some portals have difficulties if single files are larger than e.g. 50Mb. We have extremely large files (well over 50Mbs) and it is important for me that the performance is not affected when working with large files.

Does this 50Mb limit applies to SAP EP as well, and if not, have anyone tested what are the "limits"?

Thanks

Nik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nik,

generally, the underlying DB should be the only limiting factor, as far as I know. Of course you wil have to allow for the required network bandwidth and time when actually opening these large files or sending them over the network for other reasons (e.g. indexing).

Speaking of indexing:

TREX has a limit on the file size after the files have been preprocessed. If nee be, you can increase this on the TREX Server in:

TREXFilter.ini

The line:

maxfiltersize = 20971520

states the maximum acceptable bytes a file may still have AFTER preprocessing. Means, if you start with a 50 MBytes file, this may not yet be to large for the above example, as filesize usually decreases drastically during preprocessing.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karsten -- this clears up things.

I guess it wouldn't be a very good idea to load KM with very large files (e.g. 2GB) as this would require significant network & memory resources.

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikola,

You marked the question as answered, so please assign contributor points too. I did this time, but you can change them.

See: for directions.

Click on the yellow Star icon per reply. You can give:

1 - 10 pts (Which marks the question as answered)

2 - 6 pts (Very helpful)

Lots of 2 pts (Helpful)

It's just a little thank you for the responses!

Thank,

Joan (and Mark Finnern)

Answers (0)