cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter - file naming convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP11.

Is is possible to have customer defined file name. I would like to create text file with timestamp but with my own date time format.

Thank you,

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

We just got on SP12.

I'm now trying to enter variable data for the file adapter. In the file name, I have %var1%

I selected active flag in Adapter status, as per help.sap, I need to see a table so I can enter var1 with ref field (from payload).

I don't see any table for that. I do see Adavance Mode and when I select this I see additional parameters. Is it here?

SAP help ref - Variable Substitution

If you set the Active indicator, you can enter variables for the Target Directory and File Name Schema. Enter the variable names and references in the table.

Can you tell me where can I find Active indicator. We are SP12. Thanks, Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to do an variable file name substituition in the receiver file using operating system command, if you are on SP4?

If so how would the syntax for the operating system command look like?

-ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

I had heard that SAP would release this version where I could create dynamic file names....I've been waiting for this SP for a while now.

As Michal and help.sap explained, I still cannot find a place to define variable information.

Can one of you help me locate this field in file/FTP adapter.

Thanks,

Parimala

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I don't see any table for that. I do see Adavance Mode and when I select this I see additional parameters. Is it here?

just select "variable substitution" -> enable

and the table appears below

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I'm sorry, I still cannot find this field in File/FTP adapter. Can you please send me a screen shot of.....I must be missing something here.

Some info on my settings....

Transport Protocol: File System (NFS)

Message Protocol: File Content Conversion

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

I'll provide you with more info. if you need.

Thanks,

Parimala

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Thank you...I'll take it from here. I cannot still see it in out SP12....but we are having other issues. We may have to reinstall some components.

Thanks for you help and your time.

Parimala

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try using the "operation system command"

to update the name of your file after it's creation- SP11

or

yes it's possible from SP12

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

"variable substitution"

Regards,

michal