Did you mean: 

FI Extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When i do FI Extraction I know FIAP ,FIAR , FIGL Extraction

But In Info source part of modeling i see an application component

<b>Finalcial Accounting Master Data General FI I0</b>

What is use of this one , How to load data into this ( There in no info cube ) .

Will this be useful for FI extarction ?

Tell me step by step to load data using this .

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the app comp name suggests..it is the app comp for the master data infosources..general category..of Finance accounting..

it will load MD into FI characteristics..and not any TD into infocubes..

loading procedure is similar to that for cubes..choose infopackage..or create it under the source system name..under infosource..run the infopackage..will load master data to the required infoobject..

It is advised..that..all related MD must be loaded before loading TD to the cubes..

Vishvesh

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks simon ,

We are asked to show a sample demo on FI-AR FI- AP from our production system .

So in input what should i give as a selection field to extract data in scheduler .

I gave customer no and extracted and shown some data .

If now i give last year Posting period in selection i will get some data today ,

Then from tomorow can i able to get succesive postings . What will be there in delta queue .

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you do a full load or a delta?

If you did an init for the delta - and then ran a delta tomorrow then the only delta you will receive is any new postings or changed postings for that customer, for that posting period made between the init and today

If you did a full load - then you will have no delta because there was no init

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if i load data today using one posting period , Will the deltas get loaded automatically from tomorow or i have to schedule delta package for that .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don;t init for a posting period - you just run a full init - this loads automatically from the base tables

Next days delta will pick up the movements - these will as std would normally do a day -1 (ie all records posted yesterday) - so schedule an infopackage for that

You wouldn't normally init for a posting period only - you just let it fly for the lot - you may wish to do full loads by period and then an init w/out data transfer if you are loading lots of history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Use RSA3 (in R/3) to check the extractors for full and delta update.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Using which transaction i can view the Data and deltas in FI Extraction .

Former Member
0 Kudos

The deltas are calculated at run time of the infopackage using the last timestamp date in the BW Fi temistamp table

The timestamps from and to are caculated using the last date/time loaded and the settings in the BWOM_SETTINGS table

The from and to are then passed to the base transaction table in R3 and the change document table (BWFI_AEDAT)

The base tables for selection (for R3 systems 4.70 and below) are:

CO-CCA - COVP view on top of COBK and COEP

FI-GL - BKPF and then BSEG (but data returned in a BSIS structure)

FI-AR - BSID and BSAD

FI-AP - BSIK and BSAK

All the above tables have extr indexes put on them via the PI to allow selection based on data created (apart feom the change document table)

There is NO delta queue - it's all calculated at run time - thus you can not use RSA3 to check the deltas

BSEG doesn't have the index on because there is no RDBMS table of this name (it's actually a cluster/pool table called RFBLG) - this is for historical reasons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

For LO extraction you have to fill the set up table after which you have to run the job control in LBWE then only you will get the deltas.

But FI extraction unlike LO ,does not have any setup table. You just need to activate the datasource and you are readyto execute the loads. Once you run the init in BW the subsequent loads would be delta. There are no additional steps in FI.

Also check this link:

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need meaning for this line

<b>" The FI Extractors are typically function module extractors " .</b>

How does FI Extractors work ? How do they differ from LO ?

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1) The FI Extractors are typically function module extractors

--- they work on the FM module Extractor program.. everything is taken care by FM..

2) How does FI Extractors work ? How do they differ from LO ?

Fi extracor works same as all the extractors..

they differ like LO gets the delta records from the Delta queue

Fi dleta is picked accordint with the timestamp in the BWOM2_TIMEST table...

and pulles the dat from the delta queue tables..

hope it helps

regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

That is the essence of the Star schema. In the star schema the master data resides outside the transaction data.

Let me illustrate with an example:

Consider you want to load an employee cube then what are the things that constitute master data and transaction data.

Master Data - Employee Id, Name, Dept Id, Date of joining.

These constitute because they dont change often.

Now using an Employee Id you can get the Name, Dept, Date of joining of the employee. So all these constitute the attributes.

Now a Dept Id will have a name associated with it. That forms the master data text for the Department.

Now hierarchy is just a representation of data in the from of hierarchies.

Now what constitutes Transaction data - Salary (keeps changing), Sales amount, Sales quantity, etc..

But when you load the transaction data it would not just be salary, sales amount,etc..If you load so how do you recognize which employee's salary is that much, who did so much sales..So ideally we would load into a data target the key figures + some characteristics which would help us identify the data.

You can download an IBM Book on Dimensional Modeling from the following link:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/e9abd4a2a3406a7f852569de005c909f/e235dc46161249d38525703e00...

The Book is very well explained. You can pick up Star schema design concepts very well.

Also check these links on getting more info on Star Schema:

There are various posts on the same topic in SDN:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/t...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/t...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4c/89dc37c7f2d67ae10000009b38f889/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh ,

If loading master data will not populate cube then what is use of loading the master data , Can you explain me clearly .

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It is not mandatory that you nedd to load the master data but it is a good practice to load the master data & then the cubes. But loading the master data would not populate the cubes. You need to load the cubes separately.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

So first i have to load this master data only , Then only i can go for other application components Right ?

Can the master data that i load using this application component , Could seen in info cube ?

Kumar