cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Activation of ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In BW 7.0 we have write-optimized DSO for storage purpose without activation.In case of BW 3.x we don't have that one.My requirement is while loading data to ODS data directly goto Active Data Table without Activation of ODS means i don't want waste time for activation of ODS.

Any body have the solution please tell me the solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See DeadLocks,

I tried that thing But the Overwrite Functionality be failed (Means in correct values).Check that one

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you don't need this ODS at all? May be PSA and info-source will be enough to stage data into next layer?

What purpose of using ths ODS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fayzrakhmanov Renat,

Good Answer

But i ask simple question. Is it possible to overwrite mechanisim through PSA...?

If it is possible then tell me how to enable that option then defenetly no need of ODS.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the biggest advantages of the ODS is the change log functionality ... in your case - you could load to PSA - then use a program to read the data and insert into the ODS / custom table - you need not necessarily use the start routine...

Else the easier way would be to have a transactional ODS and use a program to write into the same ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr D111, what do you mean "overwrite mechanism through PSA"? You can delete PSA requests in proccess chain before loading, so you don't need to overwrite them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

gud topic....i was waiting for this topic to come up in the forum....

Ive tried doing the fake activation of ODS in 3.x....i wrote a start routine in update rules through which i was directly sending the records into active data table instead of new data table and at the end of the code i was deleting the records using 'delete data_package' ....so it was not going into new data....overwrite functionality was also there....but in some cases it was failing....

so to all those who are saying that fake activation is not possible in 3.x...it is possible through start routine....

Regards,

Deadlocks

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with "Transactional DSO".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid , but this is not possible in BW 3.x.

-Vikram