cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calendar - Transfer Global Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have multiple source systems connected to a BW. Each source system uses its own subset of factory calendars, and we need all these calendars in BW.

If we want to transfer the factory calendar data (using transfer global settings), the only option is to rebuild the tables, an update is not possible (error message). So we can only load from one system, the next load would delete all previous data.

Does anybody know the reason for this restriction and/or a workaround?

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

an option is to execute in a process chain as first step the loading of the relative factory calendar (in case you have different process chains for each source system). This can be done by executing an abap process containing program RSIMPCUST and relative variant. Then use the factory calendar data only during the data load process (i.e., inside your process chain).

A similar solution has been applied before while we wanted to transfer different exchange rates from different source systems.

Regards,

Theodoros

Edited by: Theodoros Nikitopoulos on Jun 3, 2009 9:58 PM

rick_markowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Theodoros, I never expected to get a reply on such an old message. This sounds like the only reasonable way to do this. Thanks for your posting and greatly appreciated!

rick_markowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Did any of you ever determine a solution to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any way around this problem - we have the same issue and where this is applicable, unfortunately, we maintain the required calenders manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the error message you are receiving when you try to do an update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

the error message says:

Only reconstruction supported for factory calendar

Message no. RSAR889

No long text available.

BW Release 3.10