cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Issue To update Navigation Property in Update Action in Mobile Development Kit

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to update details from entityset (A) and it is successfully update in update action but I want to update in navigation property fields from same update action.

I had tried with update links also but after that my old update was not working.

EntitySet: A

ReadLink: @odata.readLink}

navigation entity: ZWoHeader which is linked to entityset (MyWorkOrderHeader).In MyWorkOrderHeader entityset there is field IsText which I need to update as X from entityset A.

Anyone can you help me on this ?

thanks

Sani

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Help me understand your scenario. Are you trying to update fields in a second entity at the same time or just create or update a navigation link?

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes I am trying to update fields in second entity can we update it from same update action ?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sanikali

Were you able to resolve your issue? If so, please post an answer so others might benefit from your findings.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sani,

An Update action only updates one entity. You will need to create a second Update Entity action to update the fields in the related entity but should be able to use the navigation link to help target the correct record in the second entity.

--Bill