cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extranet/Firewall implementation question

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We’re running EP6 SP11 on a single server scenario. We’ve implemented iviews that access backend CRM and BW systems. All connections are HTTP (verses SSL). I’ve been asked to make the Portal system available outside the firewall where the sales team can access sales functionality w/o VPN authentication. I’ve read about reverse proxy and SSL scenarios which make sense however I have a couple of questions.

It seems like the reverse proxy scenario would be a good choice. I understand how access to the portal would work however not sure what happens when the iviews which accesses backend systems are launched.

I would like to get others input.

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

We have an external portal that is frontended by an Apache Reverse Proxy. In the Apache Configuration file there is a section for reverse proxy statements.

So basically we have it setup so that when users request portal.sap.com/irj it is reverse proxyed to the portal server. For Iviews that access backend sysems we setup the same thing.

For example we have an iview that connects to a R3 system so we have it setup so that anything that comes across as portal.sap.com/r3 is reverse proxyed to an ITS Server that then connects to the R3 system.

Hope that helps

Keith

Answers (0)