cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extractor newbie query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN!

I am a newbie to BW. My company is planning to implement BW for SAP Retail module.

Any guides to extract from this module so that I can gather some experience on this module especially about things to note about this extractor, datasource, delta for this module?

Thank you !

Regards,

trent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

Does this module have anything to do with SD?

Thanks,

trent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, SD is use for customer order and billing, the heart of a retail company.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi trent,

in Retail you have Extractors and Structures for MM-Purchasing, MM-Stock, MM-Movements, SD (in particular DataSource POSREC if I am not wrong).

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

So, it seems like Retail will definitely be installed with SD module. Is SAP Retail = IS Retail?

Thanks,

trent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi trent,

about extractors, structures, etc... you will find a lot of document in www.service.sap.com/bi.

Only one important point: with Retail you will have Master Data and Transactional Data with mln of records, so pay a great attention to sizing of your server, requirements about reporting, performance problemsin general.

We had master data with 45 mln of records and Cubes with 60 mln of records. Take a look at Performance documents for BW and consider since first analysis the logical partition of the cubes with Multiproviders.

Ciao.

Riccardo.