cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extractor checker

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody tells me the steps to use extractor checker.I knw tht we use RSA3 and the screen give the datasource name.After this step wht shld i do.Also do i need connection to the R/3 system when i use RSA3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denzil,

If you want to test the extraction of data for a R/3 datasource, then you need to run RSA3 in R/3 system. Once you give the name of the datasource, hit enter and you may see some selection options at the bottom of the screen. You can select values according to which the extraction has to take place, e.g. CALMONTH 12/2005. Then you can press F8.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Thanks for the reply.

You have mentioned abt the R3 system.Now if i check the data was extracted on R/3 side.After tht do i run RSA3 again on the BW side to see if the data was fetched from the R/3 system or is there some other way to check if the data extracted from the source system is same as the data tht is present/loaded into BW.

Also do we use RSA3 for other source systems like flat files etc.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denzil,

To check if the same data is loaded into BW, you cannot use the RSA3 tool. You would need to check by scheduling an InfoPackage. You have the option to just load to the PSA and you can check the data here.

RSA3 can be used for other source systems, like CRM, but not for flat file systems as for flat file loads the datasource is just on the BW side, not in the source. But here too you can set up the load to just load till the PSA and once you are happy with the data, you can load further.

Hope this helps...

Answers (0)