cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction method for purchasing info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I need some help with this (see the infosource section)

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ed/62073c44564d59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm ]

as you can see the document says you can choose one of two methods of extraction. Could you tel me the more important differences between them?. Why Purchasing Groups (2LIS_02_S011) isn't included in LBWE? Which one do you recomend?

Bonus track...

Doesn't "Purchasing BI Content" take into account any info on Purchasing Requisition? The user needs to analyze times between the creation of Purchasing Requisition and the creation of the related Purchase Order... Am I clear?

We've seen that all queries, cube's and ods's are meaningful once the Purchase Order have been created, are we right?.

Thanks a lot!!!!.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I need some help about using Purchasing BI Content. I'm prety new in SAP and I'm a bit confused. If you look the help info you'll see that cube 0pur_c01 can be conected to source system using one of two methods.

The first one, the old one, uses 2LIS_02_S012 extractor wich fills every InfoObject on target. The new one uses 2LIS_02_ITM and 2LIS_02_SCL directly to the cube. The thing is that in the InfoCube are some InfoObjects wich I cant find neither in 2LIS_02_ITM nor in 2LIS_02_SCL. And if I take a look in some demo systems I find that InfoCube conected to the three extractors... Am I clear?

Can you give some tips about using this BI model please?

I'm not so sure about the way it works when there are two datasources going directly to the same Cube...

Thanks, really thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you don't need to worry about the fields there are in the cube and not there in these data sources, because most of them will be mapped at the update rules level as 'Master data attr. of'

i.e...some of these values will be filled into the infocube, by taking those values from the master data attributes...

Don't worrry...go ahead..install your cube and create update rules from these infosources..it takes automatically...

or while installing cube, you go for 'indata flow before'..prior to that don't forget to activate your master data sources and transactional data sources at your source system and replicate them in bw..

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Teja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why Purchasing Groups (2LIS_02_S011) isn't included in LBWE

coz'it is LIS not LO

cheers,

Swapna.G