cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting BLOB using DBConnect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BWians,

I want to extract data from Oracle system using DBConnect, one of the field in the Oracle is BLOB character. Please advise how to map and extract the BLOB field into BW.

Thanks in advance

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have something(s) in my mind, check these out. I hope it would be clear.

A: You can store your binary data in cluster tables for which you can use EXPORT and IMPORT operations (refer to SAP Help for these statements: Importing from/Exporting to cluster tables) to load and save data. Using WS_UPLOAD and WS_DOWNLOAD function modules, you can contact with the presentation layer for temporary usage. Since you have a path you can use that as an URL for the method "load_picture_from_url" of cl_gui_picture.

B: I think this will be a confusing one.

First you can upload your pic using tcode 'SMW0' to the WWW repository.

If you want to use the picture you've uploaded,

1. Create a picture control (class: "cl_gui_picture") instance on your screen.

2. To obtain a link to your picture;

a. Use the FM 'WWW_GET_MIME_OBJECT' to get the size and mime properties.

b. Use the FM 'DP_CREATE_URL' to get the link, give the changing parameter "content_length" and tables parameter "mime" output of the FM in 2.a. to the exporting parameter "size" and the tables parameter "data" respectively.

3. Now use the method "load_picture_from_url" of cl_gui_picture instance giving the URL you obtained in step 2.b.

Yeah here you are the victorious!

C: There is another transaction "OAER" to upload pictures, but I haven't tried before.

Being clear was just a real hope. Now hoping all these help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

Thanks very much for the information.

I couldnt find "Importing from/Exporting to cluster tables" if you have this link please send me.

Thanks & Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/79/c5549db3dc11d5993800508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

...and please don't forget to reward the answers...it's THE way to say thank here!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert Negro,

Thanks for the link.

Regards

Srini

Answers (0)