cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Structure not Being transported with custom Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having trouble transporting a custom datasource from BW 3.5 dev to QAS. The datasource is coming through and showing up in RSA6 but when I click on it I get the following error:

"The extract structure ZOXDBW0123 of the DataSource ZRSPCTRIGTEXT is invalid

Message no. R8444

Diagnosis

An invalid extract structure has been assigned to the DataSource. An extract structure has to be active in the DDIC. It cannot be a view, since the customer is not able to add append fields for filling in the customer exits to a view."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Luke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke and welcome on board !

Do you check how your extract structure is built (as suggested in message details...)?

Bye,

Roberto

0 Kudos

hi Luke,

check if the structure ZOXDBW0123 is included in your transport request.

custom datasource can be maintained with transaction rso2, can you find any 'transport' menu there ? (have no access to system now).

try rso2, type in ZRSPCTRIGTEXT, and double click structure ZOXDBW0123, check if there is menu 'extras' or 'go to' and 'object directory entry', choose this, and 'edit', change the package $tmp to your package. will prompt for request, create request and transport. after that transport again the datasource. hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked the Extract Stucture in Dev. It is Generated with a Table for View ZRSPCTRIGTEXT. That may be a problem, but everything seems to work fine in DBW. It's just when I transport it that it gives this error. I try to transport the view ZRSPCTRIGTEXT from SE11 as well, and when I check the transports in se09 they contain all the objects I want in the object list. But even after I transport them through in STMS they still don't show up in QBW. Only the datasource comes through with no extract structure and no view.

0 Kudos

hi,

your datasource has application component assigned.

try from qbw do 'replicate datasource' from that application component. rsa1->source system->r/3->source system overview->righ click application component 'replicate datasource'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's actaully pulling from itself (QBW-myself source system), I tried to replicate again there and it had no effect. It's a custom datasouce used for BW stats in Technical content.

0 Kudos

hi,

i have tried to 'simulate'/'reproduce'(if possible) your problem

- in bw system, i create generic datasource with transactin rso2, using table. when save the datasource, i assigned it to package.

- system then prompt request, i create a new request.

- extract structure zox.... is automatically generated. with transaction se10, i check the request, objects are included : datasource z... and table zox...

- i go to target system and transport the reqeust, performed well and with rso2 in target system i open the datasource and everything just fine, the structure is there.

here no replicate datasource needed.

not sure something miss in your side or it's 'program error'.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. We managed to get through one of the errors on about the 8th try to transport everything together. It might of had something to do with the way things were being grouped in the packages.

So now were just getting an RJ044 Error: "ZRSPCTRIGTEXT: Only tables and views are permitted for extraction".

I think it may be some kind of program error after all, cause our basis consultant took a look and couldn't figure it out at all either. The transport says that everything is going through, but the view were extracting from is still not showing up in QAS. He suggested we blow everything away and try building the datasource again from scratch. So if we can't figure it out today we may try that route tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks again for all the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We Solved the issue. I'm still not sure exactly what the cause was but rebooting the server and re-transporting everything again seemed to do the trick. One issue was that in order to re-add objects to the transport I found you had to actually change something about it (ie. a description) for it to work right. Anyway, Thanks eveyone for your input. It always helps to see things from different angles.

Answers (0)