cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending 2LIS_17_I3OPER and 2LIS_18_I3OPER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

There are some custom fields at Operation level that are required for reporting purposes. Is it better to extend these LIS datasources? or create generic extractor (view should suffice in this case) for capturing Operation level custom fields? Generally, we should go with extending but in this case we are expecting heavy volumes on LIS extractors so performance is a factor. Moreover, the custom fields can be captured with a view, using a generic extractor.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always better to enhance your DataSource. Definitely those custom fields linked to availed fields in the datasource. If you create custom datasource for those fields you need to again map those in BW side. Which will degrade your query performance. So it is nice to enhance your datasource and load into one target in BW.

Edited by: Pradeepkdas on Jan 31, 2012 6:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

"create custom datasource for those fields you need to again map those in BW side. Which will degrade your query performance" - Sorry, not sure I understand this point. Do you have specific experience with these datasources? I should also mention that if we take the custom approach we can leverage that on both sides, costs (OPA) and schedules (LIS).

Please can anyone who has experienced with heavy volume LO extractors such as these ones comment on the performance aspect, when the user exit is implemented.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean if you create a custom extractor you need to create a different data target in BW side. Regarding custom filed it depends how many fileds you want to add in the DS. If it is huge; then it is better for custom DataSource.