cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notifications: BO Link Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a workflow and the workitem is being sent out to Outlook. The config for extended notification looks fine but I am not sure if I have missed sth. The problem is the workitem gets delivered to Outlook but the link to the BO which I can see in SAP Inbox is not there in Outlook. The email has got 2 attachments. One looks like link to execute the workitem, and the other one for SAP Inbox. both have file ext as SAP. Now I have got two quetions:

1. What is to be done for the BO link in workitem ?

2. What prog should be used for opening the file .SAP ?

Thanks in Adv!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

I don't know if it is possible to get the link to the BO in the e-mail (although I guess it is not possible, but that is more a feeling).

For your second question, opening a .SAP file. You need the SAPGUI and a logon.ini on the PC. This is a special shortcut for SAP. In SAP you have an option to create a shortcut on your desktop to a transaction. In the menu select a transaction and click the right mouse button. This will also create a .SAP file.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I looked up the net and found out that there is something called subscription setting in SWNCONFIG. There the mode of delivery ( Like text only, html with links etc can be listed against the VIEW_INBOX_AS setting. I was hoping thats where the key for my question is but I could not find relevant thing. Do you have idea abt this thing?

About the link not being possible I think (rather feel and hope too !) that if we can have link for transactions then why not a BO after all its a method execution. What is your view on it ? Anyways I will keep looking and keep you posted in case I find sth .

Thanks

Anuj Sethi

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

I am not familiar with extended notification so I couldn't help you there. I could only refer you to the SAPHelp, but I guess (and hope) you already checked it.

About the link to the BO. Put a .SAP file on your desktop and then edit it via the right mouse button. In the window which is opened you will see the configuration (more or less, maybe it is the wrong terminology) for the shortcut. This is why I think you couldn't create it for a link to a BOR.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You were right. We can`t have BO link in extended notifications. I am closing this thread now. Thanks for your helpful response.

Cheers!

Anuj

Answers (0)