Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notification-Sending Workitem to Outlook Inbox

Aru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configured Extended notifications using SWNCONFIG Transcation.Sending Notifications perfectely whenever new workitem Exists.

My issue is with Workitem Subejct text and Message body text.I noticed that whatever you giving are subject or Task description in PFTC(Standard Descrption) same thing refelcted in Notification in Outloomk inbox.Please let me know any other way to avoid Subject and Message body text from PFTC(Standard Task) when sending mail through Extended Notifications(SWN_SELSEN).

PFA.

Arumugam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could change your settings in Extended Notifications to send collective emails instead.

You can then set the Subject to whatever you want e.g. "You have new workitems in your inbox".

Users often prefer receiving fewer emails.

regards

Rick Bakker / hanabi technology

Aru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.I have ceated One custom ID and Number in SE61(Documetn maintenance) and asssigned in General settings - SUBJECT_WF_INDIV - Value (NAZSWN_TEST000) .so after this setting i can able to see my custom subject in Extended Notifications.

But, when i see the nottifcation i noticed that Subject and Meesage Body(PFTC- Standard task subject and task desription)  same thing refelcted in Notification(Outllok inbox - Mesage Body).Please let me know any whether i can avoid Standard task description and subject in Outlook(Extended Notification)

Reagrds,

Arumugam

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"Please let me know any whether i can avoid Standard task description and subject in Outlook(Extended Notification)"

See my previous post.

regards

Aru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Ya i have seen that previous post from you ..Can you please explain in detail to change the settings in Extended notification to send collective emails?

Already i have tried to give custom subject and Description using SE61 and it is working fine but problem is My Standard Task Descrption also coming in Outlook notification...

Reagrds,

Arumugam

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You would need to change the "Granularity" in "Subscription Basic Data" in SWNCONFIG.

But, it will still show the task description in the email.

You say:

"Already i have tried to give custom subject and Description using SE61 and it is working fine but problem is My Standard Task Descrption also coming in Outlook notification..."

So you have managed to make the subject header as you want? Why is it a problem if the task description is shown? What do you want instead?

regards