cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data from BW to Websphere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I will furnish few details and let me know how to proceed and what to code to pull these details from BW to Websphere using JAVA.

These are the details websphere portal needs from BW-->

Delivery #, Inv # Inv Date,Order #, Product, Amount, Qty, Shipped date with variables defined on Customer PO#, 0CAKDAY.

Now can someone walk me thru and tell me their suggestions. Create BAPI/MDX???

Bye,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following weblog gives a complete code, but for SAP EP. But its a complete java code which you can easily implement in any java supported system.

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/03/12/get-bw-data-in-portal-via-jca-using-mdx-statement

Regards

Raja

I think i have already given you this link in another thread as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

I am sorry to post the same question in different ways. I know the solution is limited but just want to get an easy and clear cut method. The BAPI's which were used in the weblog are already existing one's and I don't think I need to write them again. So here basically I need to create the query, choose external OLEDB for OLAP and how do I write the select statement and once after writing how do I need to execute and what are the things I need to work on before the Java programmer writes his code.

The scenario over here is that there is already a site in Websphere portal and now they need to get the data from BW into the portal instead of from COGNOS/Oracle. So please let me know how to execute the select statements.

Thanks,

Nikki

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The BAPI's which were used in the weblog are already existing one's and I don't think I need to write them again.

<b>yes you dont need to develop them again. you will just be using it in your java program</b>

So here basically I need to create the query, choose external OLEDB for OLAP and how do I write the select statement and once after writing how do I need to execute and what are the things I need to work on before the Java programmer writes his code.

<b>once the query is created and the external OLEDB for OLAP flag is set, go to transaction MDXTEST to generate the MDX statement. you dont need to write any select statements. pass on the generated MDX statments to the java guy and he has to pass the same to BAPI_MDDATASET_CREATE_OBJECT </b>

The scenario over here is that there is already a site in Websphere portal and now they need to get the data from BW into the portal instead of from COGNOS/Oracle. So please let me know how to execute the select statements.

<b>how do get the data? you need the execute a series of BAPI_MDDATSET* BAPIs which is explained in the given weblog.</b>

otherwise if your portal can consume webservice you can follow the steps explained in the below given link, this is a much more simpler method.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d8/3bfc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

Is it the 'generate default MDX statement' which I have to send to the Java programmer? Is there a document which explains what these BAPI's stand for, i.e. their role.

Thanks,

Nikki

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, before passing the generated MDX test it in MDXTEST itself to see whether it gives the right result.

and for BAPI's try transaction BAPI within the SAP system also check out http://ifr.sap.com to see the interface details.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

How do I test the default generated MDX statement? I mean can I have a look at the layout and not actually debug as I am not aware of debugging the code. What is that button where I can have a look at the layout as shown in the weblog by Prakash.

Thanks,

Nikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

MDXTEST transaction has button to test your MDX select statements. Look at the buttons on top of input box that contains generate MDX statement.

Prakash

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

welcome to the thread Praksh. Nikki, he is the person who wrote that blog. Now that he is here, you can shoot all your doubts.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Thanks for replying, I did select the button 'generate default MDX statement' but how do I run it now and check the layout as it is shown in your weblog with rows and columns. I am not good at debugging, so if you can let me know.

Prakash if you don't mind, can you give me an other Id so that I can share some screen shots and explain my scenario in a better way.

Thanks,

Nikki

Can you please tell me which button??

execute mdx statement, run query flattening, run query multidim, run query as data stream, execute all queries???

Heard that there are going to be lot of performance issues as the Java code has to call 6 to 7 BAPI's for each query.

Please give me your feedback gurus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on button for running query multidimensionally. The performance is as good as Bex. You can send me an email at psingh(at)ust.net.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Once I click that button, ABAP Debugger page opens and asks to input the fields. So what am I supposed to do??

Thank you so much for the id, will forward you my screen shots later today.

Nikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abap Debugger will only show up if you a bug in your MDX statement.

Check out my following weblog which will quickly help you in creating MDX statements.

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/06/08/quick-help-in-creating-mdx-statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

This is my default MDX statement: All my variables are optional values and so I have nothing to include or exclude.

SELECT

NON EMPTY [0DELIV_NUMB].MEMBERS

• [0BILL_NUM].MEMBERS

• [0BILL_DATE].MEMBERS

• [0DOC_NUMBER].MEMBERS

• [0MATERIAL].MEMBERS

• [0SHIP_DATE].MEMBERS

• [Measures].MEMBERS ON AXIS(0)

FROM [Y_SCM_MP1/ZSD_MP_INVOICEDETAILS]

SAP VARIABLES [ZDELNUM] INCLUDING <member>

[ZINVNUM] INCLUDING <member>

[ZORDNUM] INCLUDING <member>

[0I_DAYS] INCLUDING <member>

Any clue??

Nikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not passing anything to query then your MDX shoud be following.

SELECT
* [0BILL_NUM].MEMBERS
* [0BILL_DATE].MEMBERS
* [0DOC_NUMBER].MEMBERS
* [0MATERIAL].MEMBERS
* [0SHIP_DATE].MEMBERS
* [Measures].MEMBERS ON AXIS(0)

If you need to pass some values then your MDX should look like following.

SELECT
* [0BILL_NUM].MEMBERS
* [0BILL_DATE].MEMBERS
* [0DOC_NUMBER].MEMBERS
* [0MATERIAL].MEMBERS
* [0SHIP_DATE].MEMBERS
* [Measures].MEMBERS ON AXIS(0)
SAP VARIABLES [ZDELNUM] INCLUDING "some value"
[ZINVNUM] INCLUDING "some value"
[ZORDNUM] INCLUDING "some value"
[0I_DAYS] INCLUDING "some value"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

I created variables for few fields but they are all optional values but I assume I need to define all those in the select statement too. Still if a value needs to be defined, it is as below but still goes to the debugger.

SELECT

• [0BILL_NUM].MEMBERS

• [0BILL_DATE].MEMBERS

• [0DOC_NUMBER].MEMBERS

• [0MATERIAL].MEMBERS

• [0SHIP_DATE].MEMBERS

SAP VARIABLES [ZDELNUM] INCLUDING "0061153015"

[ZINVNUM] INCLUDING "0090903619"

[ZORDNUM] INCLUDING "0000389547"

[0I_DAYS] INCLUDING "20000101"

I am going to send a mail with few screeen shots of my project, please answer me at your convenience.

Thanks,

Nikki

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from the left side tree under SAP VARIABLES node you can see the variables and its values, drag and drop the value (for example value from ZDELNUM) on to the right side to see whether the value format is right.

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the error message you are getting? If 0I_DAYS is date, you need to specify the formatted date in "".

example

[0I_DAYS] INCLUDING "01/01/2000"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

You were right, I was blindly filling in the details without looking at the values on the left.

Now I filled everything and when I try to run it doesn't do anything, i mean it neither goes to the ABAP debug screen or displays the result.

This was the final select statement:

SELECT

• [0BILL_NUM].MEMBERS

• [0BILL_DATE].MEMBERS

• [0DOC_NUMBER].MEMBERS

• [0MATERIAL].MEMBERS

• [0SHIP_DATE].MEMBERS

SAP VARIABLES

[ZDELNUM] INCLUDING [0DELIV_NUMB].[0080000000]

[ZINVNUM] INCLUDING [0BILL_NUM].[0090000000]

[ZORDNUM] INCLUDING [0DOC_NUMBER].[0000000001]

[0I_DAYS] INCLUDING [0CALDAY].[20030116]:[0CALDAY].[20050415]

Let me know guys, thanks for all your patience.

Nikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

" " should work fine as well. You need to read my weblog for creating MDX statement.

The MDX is not returning empty data because your query is not returning data with selection criteria you have specified in the MDX.

You need to first run your query in transaction <b>RSRT</b> with the same selection criteria that you have specified in MDX. That should give you a good idea of what values to use in the MDX selection criteria.

Answers (0)