Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Crystal Reports XI R1 to Excel Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: palm

CA Forum: Crystal Reports

Hello , I facing problems while exporting crystal reports to Excel format , the coloumns dont fit in a cell and get distrubed How can i solve this problem or what is the best way in exporting crystal to Excel format Thanks in Advance! Kavya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got you document i am going thru it

I am exporting using excel not with data only

i just had Report header and Page header with text fields

i just gave a try to export to excel then the fields which are in two lines in text box in Crystal are getting into single line in Excel and moreover i have to do fit coloumn option manually on excel to increase the width of the cell to see full length text

Any how, thanks for your help and please do reply for my future questions too

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: yangster

are you exporting using excel or excel data onlyif you are using excel then your output in excel will differ between office products as it tries to replicate what you see on the screenif you use excel data only then the layouts will be identical as each field on the page will produce one cell in excelthings you will need to do aside from making sure all the columns line up are to pad the rows to the left with blanks so they line up as well so for each if you have a 4 column report with group namesGH1 title1 title2 title3 field1 field2 field3if you export that in excel it will like like thisGH1 title1 title2 title3field1 field2 field3the fields even though they are lined up fine in the report excel just goes across the screen from left to right slotting fields into cellspad the second row with a blank text file forcing things to line up accordinglythis has been an issue with excel for as long as i've worked it since 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnot received your email , can you resend it one more time

And i am thinking the problem is with my settings in Excel , may i have to work on this reading you document

Thanks!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnot received your email , can you resend it one more time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: foghat

I've sent the document. I've been having some issues with my email. Let me know if you don't get it.I suspect that if the export formats correctly to excel 2003 and not 2002, it may be tough to work around as it is probably some sort of compatibility issue between crystal xi and older versions of excel.Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for you reply

I am using the gridlines and all the coloumns are arranged perfectly , and one more interesting thing is the same report exports in good and exact format in Excel 2003 SP 3 , but not in Excel 2002 SP3

I dont know why , Could you please send me the document to read on this issue

my address : boxer_atluri@yahoo.co.in

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: foghat

When you export to excel, your columns have to be lined up

perfectly. Make sure you use grid lines between each column - have

each column edge touch a grid line.I have a good document with

tips on exporting to excel. I can't find the link for it anymore, but

can send it to you in an email if you want. Just let me know your address.