cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting and running an Excelcius document

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a dashboard and exported the output to my Business objects Infoview environment. When i run the file I get an error message called Error 2170. What does that mean? any ideas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Try this?

Right-click on the error message and choose 'settings'

Your default web browser will launch and take you to Macromedia.com

In the Settings Manager, click on'Global Security Settings Panel'

Make sure that 'always Allow' is selected

Click on the dropdown box and choose 'Add Location'

add: 'C:\' (without the apostrophes)

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay

Thanks for your post. I did exactly what you asked me to do. It does not solve the problem. It comes up with the same error #2170. Is there anything we can do to fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Check with the server which is being used i.e. ISS or Tomcat.

The crossdomain.xml file should be in the server which is being used.

Check is the cross domain is an updated one.

The content of updated file would be as follow:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy (View Source for full doctype...)>

- <cross-domain-policy>

<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="" headers="" secure="false" />

<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />

</cross-domain-policy>

Update the cross domain and then restart the server.

Preview the dashboard.

Note : if the file doesnt exist then create an xml and paste the above content.

Pth , Root folder of tomcat.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay thanks a lot for your reply. I have asked my admin team members to apply the patch and i will update you the results. I am new to Xcelcius. I am pretty impressed with the amazing output that you can create with dashboards. We want to use Webservice to populate EXCEL in Xcelcius. However I am running into the following situation. Please help or correct me in the right direction.

(a) We are using Xcelcius and we are using a Web Service to create a report. We are using the Query as Web Service wizard to create the WSDL file. We create our WSDL file in Dev box called DEVBO.

We then import the WSDL file in Xcelcius. The problem is when we add a column to the query. As soon as we add a column and reimport the file in Xcelcius all the reference to the Excel cells are gone.

(b) The second problem we are having is when we move from one environment to another environment. When we move the File from DEV to TEST we have to remap all the excel cells again. Is there a easy way to handle this problem. Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok We installed the XML document and it did not solve the problem. I am thinking that we didnt install it in the correct folder. Our is TOMCAT server. Can you please provide me with EXAMPLE of the Path Name so that i will follow the same pattern and install the XML Document there.

Thanks in advance

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Path: Tomcat\Webapps\root

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much this works great !! Thanks for sharing your ideas