Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export txt/csv file from business object

ryanangeles
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would like to ask if there is a way on how I can export values from a customer business object and place the results to a txt/csv file. The data will be shown on an advancedlistpane and I am planning to have an "Export" button that will create the said file.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ryan,

As Nikhil said, the Excel download is available. But if you're dead set on CSV then providing it's a custom BO and screen you can add an action which dumps values in string form into a CSV file of your own making. That won't work for standard BOs.

Lewis

ryanangeles
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any guide/samples for this that you can point me to? ill be adding the button from an OIF/QA screen.

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just add a button and link an action to it --- and in the action you can parse the data however you like and turn it into a CSV file to add to an attachments folder. https://answers.sap.com/questions/11236812/sap-cloud-sdk-create-generate-pdf-using-button-and.html has some useful code snippets.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhilwalsetwar
Contributor

Hi Ryan,

You can enable download to microsoft excel button via cloud application studio's UI designer.

Steps you have to follow,

1. Open your OWL screen in UI designer.

2. Navigate to standard toolbar and click on configure and enable the highlighted option.

BR,

Nikhil

ryanangeles
Participant

Hi Nikhil,

Is the option only available in OWL? Can it be added to OIF/QA?

Thanks